Thread: .150" deep Glock RMR cut with sights that give lower 1/3 co-witness ?

.150" deep Glock RMR cut with sights that give lower 1/3 co-witness ?

Hello y'all!

Can anyone recommend sights to give such a set up?

I was told that the GL-429's will give a higher than lower 1/3 configuration with a .150" deep optic cut and an RMR, which may be a bit high for what I'm wanting. I'm probably going with a type2 RMR one one gun, and an SRO on another.

Maybe .250F .270R Dawson's?

Thanks!

The bottom gun in this picture has an AIM surplus slide. Which has a .150 deep pocket. It also has GL-429s. Sadly, I got rid of the slide so I can’t take any more photos. But you can see how high the rear sights sits compared to the optic. The Swampfox has a similar body to the RMR.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL0jGbFr...dium=copy_link

When I get to work tomorrow I’ll try to remember to take side by side pictures of my RMR and Swampfox so you can see the size comparison.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    The bottom gun in this picture has an AIM surplus slide. Which has a .150 deep pocket. It also has GL-429s. Sadly, I got rid of the slide so I can’t take any more photos. But you can see how high the rear sights sits compared to the optic. The Swampfox has a similar body to the RMR.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL0jGbFr...dium=copy_link

When I get to work tomorrow I’ll try to remember to take side by side pictures of my RMR and Swampfox so you can see the size comparison.
    Thank you very much for the picture! I think I'd be happy with that set up if the Swampfox is similar to the RMR..it looks like the sight picture is just peeking up over the optic in fact.

Yeah, if you can compare the RMR and the Swampfox body tallness, that would be fantastic.

BTW when I asked Dawson regarding the lower 1/3 cowitness, this is what Dawson recommended:
    "Do the following for a milled slide: Install the scope on the slide, measure the height of the scope body with a caliper and add 0.085" to whatever you come up with. This will be the ideal height for the new co-witness rear sight."

You wouldn't happen to have a set of calipers would you, to measure the height of the RMR? If not, not a problem. I will email Trijicon to get the height of the RMR, or look for it online, as I'm curious to see what rear sight height the Dawson formula translates too!.

The best option IMO is to measure your specific setup and get Dawsons of the ideal height for your preference. There are many more players in “taller” sights these days than there were years ago and there are definitely better options than Ameriglo IMO.

Here’s the info on the measuring process.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1201046

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    The best option IMO is to measure your specific setup and get Dawsons of the ideal height for your preference. There are many more players in “taller” sights these days than there were years ago and there are definitely better options than Ameriglo IMO.

Here’s the info on the measuring process.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1201046
    Cool I’ll check out the thread, thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    Thank you very much for the picture! I think I'd be happy with that set up if the Swampfox is similar to the RMR..it looks like the sight picture is just peeking up over the optic in fact.

Yeah, if you can compare the RMR and the Swampfox body tallness, that would be fantastic.

BTW when I asked Dawson regarding the lower 1/3 cowitness, this is what Dawson recommended:
    "Do the following for a milled slide: Install the scope on the slide, measure the height of the scope body with a caliper and add 0.085" to whatever you come up with. This will be the ideal height for the new co-witness rear sight."

You wouldn't happen to have a set of calipers would you, to measure the height of the RMR? If not, not a problem. I will email Trijicon to get the height of the RMR, or look for it online, as I'm curious to see what rear sight height the Dawson formula translates too!.
    RMR height - .340” (includes sealing plate) - this is on an ATEi milled factory slide
    Name:  E2477448-14E1-4085-A184-61622D2F7D01.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  53.0 KB

Swampfox Justice height - .375” - on a CHPWS milled Gen 3 slide
    Name:  21ACF642-517D-4DAE-B0B0-843D290E7667.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  59.1 KB

SRO height - .360”
    Name:  059B7CD5-2E18-4FB6-B5DA-2C1330DF96E2.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  36.8 KB

If you haven’t sent a slide off yet, I’d seriously think about the brownells slide. Close to the same money, deep cut and you can put it back into a factory configuration if need be for resale.

Here’s a link to the info on the Ameriglo sights on my brownells slide:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CAg1YLWJ...dium=copy_link

Family photo:
    Name:  A30D4E83-FAE1-4B4C-8D75-E35BEFCBC40F.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  75.1 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

RMR height - .340” (includes sealing plate) - this is on an ATEi milled factory slide
    Name:  E2477448-14E1-4085-A184-61622D2F7D01.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  53.0 KB

Swampfox Justice height - .375” - on a CHPWS milled Gen 3 slide
    Name:  21ACF642-517D-4DAE-B0B0-843D290E7667.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  59.1 KB

SRO height - .360”
    Name:  059B7CD5-2E18-4FB6-B5DA-2C1330DF96E2.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  36.8 KB

If you haven’t sent a slide off yet, I’d seriously think about the brownells slide. Close to the same money, deep cut and you can put it back into a factory configuration if need be for resale.

Here’s a link to the info on the Ameriglo sights on my brownells slide:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CAg1YLWJ...dium=copy_link

Family photo:
    Name:  A30D4E83-FAE1-4B4C-8D75-E35BEFCBC40F.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  75.1 KB
    Lon you are Da Man! Thank you so much! This will be very useful. I'll plug in the numbers tomorrow, and I'm curious to see what rear sight heights are suggested.

The Brownells option seems like a very solid choice indeed. I have two Gen 5 guns that I want RDS's on, and I haven't seen any Gen5 Brownells slides available, but I'll call Brownells tomorrow to ask. Thanks again man!

EDIT: good lookin' family !
    EDIT 2: from your instagram post: "@trijicon SRO combo - @AmeriGlosights GST-285 and GL-408 combo." forgive the ignorance but is it the 285 for the front and 408 for the rear? Does that work for the RMR as well?

Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    Lon you are Da Man! Thank you so much! This will be very useful. I'll plug in the numbers tomorrow, and I'm curious to see what rear sight heights are suggested.

The Brownells option seems like a very solid choice indeed. I have two Gen 5 guns that I want RDS's on, and I haven't seen any Gen5 Brownells slides available, but I'll call Brownells tomorrow to ask. Thanks again man!

EDIT: good lookin' family !
    EDIT 2: from your instagram post: "@trijicon SRO combo - @AmeriGlosights GST-285 and GL-408 combo." forgive the ignorance but is it the 285 for the front and 408 for the rear? Does that work for the RMR as well?
    285 is the front. I’ve never put the RMR on the brownells slide w those sights, but I believe it would work and just sit lower in the window compared to the GL-429s.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

285 is the front. I’ve never put the RMR on the brownells slide w those sights, but I believe it would work and just sit lower in the window compared to the GL-429s.
    10-4!

User Tag List