Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory HEX optic

Springfield Armory HEX optic

This is new to me:

https://www.theoutdoorwire.com/relea...QsPK22qDRhXG-g

"GENESEO, ILL. – Springfield Armory® is proud to announce the new HEX™ line of optics, designed to deliver a higher standard of performance and superior optical support for handguns and long guns. The two new HEX optics offer intuitive target acquisition, faster follow-up shots and every-day dependability."
    Taking a break from social media.

Any idea if they make it or have it made by an existing player under their name?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Do they use an existing footprint or yet another “unique snowflake” footprint ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Do they use an existing footprint or yet another “unique snowflake” footprint ?
    I’m pretty sure the smaller one (Wasp) uses the Shield RMSc footprint. I’m not sure about the bigger one (Dragonfly).

From hex optics.com, referencing the Dragonfly:
    “The most widely used footprint, the Springfield Standard™ Footprint provides a secure foundation and is compatible with a wide array of aftermarket mounts and accessories. (Vortex® Venom® / Burris® Fastfire™)”

Quote Originally Posted by Phred View Post
    From hex optics.com, referencing the Dragonfly:
    “The most widely used footprint, the Springfield Standard™ Footprint provides a secure foundation and is compatible with a wide array of aftermarket mounts and accessories. (Vortex® Venom® / Burris® Fastfire™)”
    The “Springfield Standard,” that clears up all the confusion.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The “Springfield Standard,” that clears up all the confusion.
    LOL

Springfield is good at coming up with these kinds of things. “Grip Zone” “Springfield Standard”

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Any idea if they make it or have it made by an existing player under their name?
    I would not lay money on the former, but rather the latter. $100.
    #RESIST

Has anyone gotten their hands on a Hex Wasp and tried to break it? A friend is looking at a gun that has the RMSc footprint and is considering going with a RDS. I think we will see more sights that size in time, but for now - is this worth his money?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Looking at the feature set, I'm strongly reminded of the Swamp Fox offerings. Since between my buddy and I we've owned, and returned, five of those in the last year as unusable in any lighting conditions involving sunlight, I'm going to let y'all figure out if these are even worth discussing...

User Tag List