Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R-P Ammo in Production Again?

I've seen new ads for Remington .22 Thunderbolts recently. Triple what it should cost, but ...

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but is this (impossible to find/high cost) the new normal on ammo or are factories able to ramp up production?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but is this (impossible to find/high cost) the new normal on ammo or are factories able to ramp up production?
    We've been discussing it since last summer. It's probably normal for the near future at least.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    From what I've read, all the domestic ammo makers are going balls-to-the-wall making ammo. The shortage is due to unprecedented demand caused by panic buying and hoarding, plus apparently a couple million new gun owners entering the market. Nobody knows how long this spike will last. When supply catches up with demand, prices should fall.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Waiting for the .357 Mag 158-grain SJHPs and .38 Special 158-grain LSWC-HPs to appear, I'd pay $80/100 for them. My guess is that their production is going to be all 9x19 hardball, all the time, for the foreseeable future.
    At those prices, I'll load some for you!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    At those prices, I'll load some for you!
    Oh, I can load my own too. I've got a box of the .357 and two of the .38 left and they're fairly fresh, so I'm not in a hurry. Plus I have ~1300 158-grain coated LSWCs coming from Brazos Precision to load in .357 brass.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    A day or two ago, Remingtons Facebook page had a pic of newly made ammunition.
    This. Hopefully they’re also running 9mm ball.

Name:  D80D57BE-C5AD-4684-86F4-CE82F610EB87.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  82.6 KB

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    This. Hopefully they’re also running 9mm ball.

Name:  D80D57BE-C5AD-4684-86F4-CE82F610EB87.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  82.6 KB
    Golden Saber?

I mean - I carried it for years and the bonded stuff makes Doc’s list, but come on - how about cranking out the UMC?!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Golden Saber?

I mean - I carried it for years and the bonded stuff makes Doc’s list, but come on - how about cranking out the UMC?!
    Well, everyone else is cranking out hardball, maybe this is Vista trying to add some defensive ammo to the mix.

Picture quality is low, but those don't look like the brass jacketed Golden Saber bullets, there on the right. Interesting.

User Tag List