Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R-P Ammo in Production Again?

Site Supporter

R-P Ammo in Production Again?

I know Federal's CEO claimed that Remington ammo was being produced but I haven't seen any offered anywhere. Can anyone add any info?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I know Federal's CEO claimed that Remington ammo was being produced but I haven't seen any offered anywhere. Can anyone add any info?
    Hell - I haven’t seen any new ammo produced by any of the companies under Vista since this insanity started. Even the ammo the .gov issued me last year was 2018-19 vintage.

Site Supporter

Forbes article from Feb 4 claims Vista has brought the Remington ammo plant is AR “online.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...ry-online/amp/
    Last edited by HCM; 02-24-2021 at 03:13 AM.

A day or two ago, Remingtons Facebook page had a pic of newly made ammunition.

Site Supporter
    Being produced in the factory doesn't mean it has made it through the pipelines yet.

Saw a pallet of Rem 9mm in boxes I had never seen before at LGS a week ago.

I usually do not choose Rem so the boxes could have been older and not a new design?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Saw a pallet of Rem 9mm in boxes I had never seen before at LGS a week ago.

I usually do not choose Rem so the boxes could have been older and not a new design?
    I bet it's new. Ammo, on pallets, isn't happening for more than a few hours in a LGS.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I bet it's new. Ammo, on pallets, isn't happening for more than a few hours in a LGS.
    At $80 for 100 rounds it lasts for quite a while......

And yes I would believe it's new also.

Site Supporter
    Waiting for the .357 Mag 158-grain SJHPs and .38 Special 158-grain LSWC-HPs to appear, I'd pay $80/100 for them. My guess is that their production is going to be all 9x19 hardball, all the time, for the foreseeable future.

Site Supporter
    Waiting for the .357 Mag 158-grain SJHPs and .38 Special 158-grain LSWC-HPs to appear, I'd pay $80/100 for them. My guess is that their production is going to be all 9x19 hardball, all the time, for the foreseeable future.
    Pretty much how it's going to be for most factories for a while. 9x19 and 5.56x45, then filling in other calibers of the same primer size, then a switch to large primer calibers, then reset for whatever the most backorders are.

User Tag List