Thread: What's in your Watchlist?

I'm in the same place as Malamute.

Webley RIC Bulldogs and copies
    S & W New Departure "lemon squeezers" in snub format
    S & W I & J frame .32 variants
    S & W Bodyguard variants 49, 649, 38, 638
    S & W M & P round butt snub variants, model 10, 64, etc

Walther P99, mostly first gen variants

Walther and many other Euro .32s (because Babylon Berlin)

decent sporterized Swedish Mausers

3/4 and full Mannlicher stock rifles, especially variants with double set triggers
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    The shortage of supplies and guns has led me back to gunbroker recently. I used to have a nightly ritual of scouring hundreds of pages of GB (after the wife goes to sleep) looking for custom pistols. I've found my share there too, from a pair of Hoag mastergrades, to custom 1911's by Steve Woods, and Bill Wilson, among others. So now I'm back, casually looking for a gem. So it got me thinking, What do the other PF people have in their Watchlists? What are you deciding on? Or maybe need to do more research on? Are they there because they're quirky, or bear some historical significance?

So, what does your Watchlist say about you? I'll start with one:

https://cwocauctions.proxibid.com/Fi...ation/59614461

Austin was a master, and wasn't afraid to chop up something to make what he needed. This pistol is a testament to that. In years past, I would have bid on this, just to own it for awhile. Some things you just have to own for a bit to learn what's going through the pistolsmith's head, and see what kind of techniques they used to build something cool.

I have an Austin Belhert 1911, and it is a favorite.

The stuff I watch for right now are Bauer 25 ACP pocket guns, Colt Lightweight Commanders in 45 ACP, 2" J-frames, and a Ruger LCR in 327 Federal Magnum.

I'd also like to snag a S&W 1917 that has been chopped to the ejector rod and round-butted. I had one years ago, and carried it in a black cashmere topcoat outer pocket as a proper gentleman should.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I don't mean to come across the wrong way, but if there's a gun that I'm bidding on and which is still within my range, saying "lookit this gun" is about the very last thing I'm going to do.

I mean, I love you guys, but "outbid me on this gun" or "I won it, but all y'all cost me more money"?

Naw.

But what's interesting and yet I'm not bidding on?

A S&W 745: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/892904903
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 02-25-2021 at 09:09 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I'm hoping the lack of a box/papers etc and the visible wear scares off all the collectors... but I'm not holding my breath.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/892938924

Just dreaming of owning a wheelgun like this, with a nice leather rig for it, that I can wear as I drive around a big block Challenger or Chevelle.
    The seller wants either a money order or a certified check. What bothers me, there, is that the dispute resolution tools are rather limited.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The seller wants either a money order or a certified check. What bothers me, there, is that the dispute resolution tools are rather limited.
    That's a fair point, and fixing N-frames gets expensive, fast.

GB is really a curse. When I think about it rationally, about all I really should buy is a new-production 3" .357. But then I see a 3rd Generation .45 or a N-frame something and I bid.

Fortunately, most of the times, when I place a bid on impulse, somebody else wants the gun more than I do and I snap back.

I am always surfing for custom 1911 pistols, especially John Harrison full house builds. I also look for handguns (mostly 1911, Glock and HK) finished in NP3 and interesting rimfire pistols and rifles. I am a sucker for the various Colt Woodsman variations. Not looking for collectibles; looking for shooter-grade pieces. Last year I was able to acquire a Colt Challenger that has been refinished with Cerakote. That one and an Iver Johnson Trailsman are my current small-game field pistols.

I will admit occasionally surfing GB, and, IIRC, I did set-up an account, once upon a time, but I have bought nothing through GB, and have no saved searches. I live near Houston, Texas, where one can visit Collectors Firearms, and so can find something on their site, and then quickly go to the brick-and-mortar store, to handle the weapon. I prefer to handle firearms, before buying, and have found flaws, plenty of times, in person, that were not visible in the site photos, so have only done a sight-unseen buy-it-now once or twice. I look at their newly-arrived items rather often. If their site has a saved-search capability, I have not yet noticed.

Plus, Collectors Firearms, known for its high asking prices, will negotiate price, in person, especially if one brings cash. Sometimes, the amount that they allow for traded items is a nicely pleasant surprise.

Having said all of this, I might have been a GB junkie, had it existed in the early- and mid-Nineties. I wanted to try so many new and unusual things, back then, and was working enough OT to splurge, now and then. By now, I have everything I need, and just about everything I want. I will always like nice revolvers, but can usually satisfy that itch locally.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I've recently lost a couple of auctions for a Beretta 1301. Perhaps the 700 page long thread here has something to do with it. Convinced me that the M1Super90 sitting in my safe just won't do anymore... One more reason I love (and hate) PF!

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I am always surfing for custom 1911 pistols, especially John Harrison full house builds. I also look for handguns (mostly 1911, Glock and HK) finished in NP3 and interesting rimfire pistols and rifles. I am a sucker for the various Colt Woodsman variations. Not looking for collectibles; looking for shooter-grade pieces. Last year I was able to acquire a Colt Challenger that has been refinished with Cerakote. That one and an Iver Johnson Trailsman are my current small-game field pistols.
    I'm sure that when we're both looking, we're looking at similar 1911's

User Tag List