Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
True. I am in an area that American made Japanese autos are not looked down upon and I tend to look through that lens. The resale on Honda/Toyota hybrids (and everything else) is very good here. If one put a Fusion hybrid up against a similar Camry that both are 3yo. with a similar MSRP. The Camry will be worth at least 50% more than the domestic.
Yup, I live about an hour and a half in one direction from where they build the Accord and CRV, and about an hour and a half in the other direction from where they build the Civic and more CRVs, and they all sure do hold onto their value. But this also makes the inverse true, a friend recently went out to buy a $10k car for his daughter, and she, of course, wanted a Civic. Until she found out she could get a nice Focus or a tired Civic for the ten thousand dollars.

Seems like I have always driven enough miles for work that the resale value of my vehicles has been low enough that they would either be not worth much, or worth a little less. Like the 2016 Focus that has 112k on it, even after being mostly parked for the last year.