Thread: Coyotes in mating season right now. Need to watch outside

Coyotes in mating season right now. Need to watch outside

"Department of Wildlife says that the aggression of coyotes will be on high for the next several weeks.
    The next 4-6 weeks is mating season for coyotes. Please pay attention to your dogs, or cats when outside. The outcome can be tragic as they can, and will attack your pets. Coyote breeding typically peaks in late February, and early March. Male coyotes can become more aggressive during this time of year."

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    "Department of Wildlife says that the aggression of coyotes will be on high for the next several weeks.
    The next 4-6 weeks is mating season for coyotes. Please pay attention to your dogs, or cats when outside. The outcome can be tragic as they can, and will attack your pets. Coyote breeding typically peaks in late February, and early March. Male coyotes can become more aggressive during this time of year."
    Somebody better inform the Road Runner!!! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Bring it.

Name:  D338E0D5-C9A0-4881-9856-8FAE31B25185.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  39.1 KB
    #RESIST

A set of as-issued overwhites arrived in my mailbox a week or so ago, as did 200 rounds of 155-grain PALMA ammo from Creedmoor Sports. And I need to work up long-range dope for a hunt this August.

Hmmm.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

We have noticed activity in AZ in the last week or so.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I've had higher than usual coyote activity on my cellular game camera the last week or so. Perhaps related. Its in SW VA outside Hiwassee.

I’m checking on my hunting lease next weekend after it got hit with 11.4” of snow during SnowarmegedonTx2021, probably going to take the 6.5 Creedmoor for some plinking if I see any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I have noticed it here. I live in an area with a lot of 1-10 acre wooded home lots. I had a group of 5-7 coyotes in the yard this weekend and they did not run away when I went outside. I went inside and got the suppressed .22 and now there is one less. I hope they don't come back.

They are all over my place. Then a wolf came through and I'm pretty sure he ate a couple. Hair, blood, and signs of a struggle on two parts of my property.

Very good advice. I always have a pistol on me, but considering toting my AR when out with the dog. I've seen multiple coyotes traveling across the creek, about 75 yards away. Not an impossible shot, but not probable. Especially moving, through brush, while yelling at the dog..

With the recent snow cover, tracks can be seen around the house. On the upside, the feral cat population has decreased.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List