Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger GP100 3” aiwb holster

Ruger GP100 3” aiwb holster

What do you recommend for a appendix carry holster for a GP100 3”. I use JM custom kydex for my autos but I was thinking about one of the Garrett warrior holsters for this wheel gun.

JM Custom Kydex. Not kidding
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    JM Custom Kydex. Not kidding
    +1
    I love my JM George for my GP
    Name:  20201228_122625.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  80.6 KB

I have posted this elsewhere but I am running a JMCK @jetfire special:

Name:  PXL_20210212_224130184.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  52.8 KB

I have a JMCK for a 3" 686+. Excellent. You won't be disappointed.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Jmcustom aiwb
    Name:  20201020_130313.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  72.3 KB

I like the wide spaced clips for autos to help keep the magazine/topheavy gun stable but I think the dcc monoblock is ideal for revolvers with the weight centered behind the clip

Add in a cd-2 at 12 0clock
    Name:  20210101_140619.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  42.4 KB

JM Custom in P-F orange for the win. Might be a good idea to not get the low-rise guard unless you plan to have the hammer bobbed or otherwise smoothed out.

Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Related question, thinking of the recent thread about "K-frames disappearing" when carried thanks to their shape, how much of this applies to GP100s, too? Obviously the Ruger is bigger, but retains the same general shape. While a chunky gun, it seems like with the cylinder under the belt, a 3" barrel and the grip would be relatively easy to conceal AIWB. I'm very new to this, however, and don't really know what I'm talking about, which I why I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Related question, thinking of the recent thread about "K-frames disappearing" when carried thanks to their shape, how much of this applies to GP100s, too? Obviously the Ruger is bigger, but retains the same general shape. While a chunky gun, it seems like with the cylinder under the belt, a 3" barrel and the grip would be relatively easy to conceal AIWB. I'm very new to this, however, and don't really know what I'm talking about, which I why I ask.
    Thanks for that, because you asked exactly the question that was forming in my mind. I've thought about a 2.75" Model 66-8, but one of the 2" to 3" variations on the GP100 would share speedloaders and etc with my beloved 4".

Then my assimilation into Wheel Gun Life would be complete.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List