Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger GP100 3” aiwb holster

Quote Originally Posted by eagle84 View Post
    What do you recommend for a appendix carry holster for a GP100 3”. I use JM custom kydex for my autos but I was thinking about one of the Garrett warrior holsters for this wheel gun.
    I have no experience with Garrett, so cannot criticize Garrett, but can say that after one has become accustomed to JM Custom Kydex, it is difficult to find anything else that is as good. I did not say that it is impossible to find other Kydex rigs as good as JMCK, just that it is difficult.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Over the years here, I’ve seen a number of “easy answer” concepts float to the top.
    “G19”
    “ECQC”
    “Buy a timer”
    “JMCK for big revolvers and DSG for small wheelguns”

I’m convinced of the wisdom of the P-F crowd, taken over a decade+
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Here is a picture of me in my gym gear carrying a 3 inch GP100 in the JMCK holster. I am also wearing a mastermind belt, which I don't normally wear while working out.

Name:  Concealed 3 in Gp100 JMCK.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  34.5 KB

The red circle show the end of the stocks and the printing in he picture is not near as pronounced as the buckle of the belt (yellow circle) which is 1-1.5 inches away from the holster.

Wearing jeans would likely hide the gun completely as these GoRuck Shorts (and the pants) print every holster that I have used. Wearing the Enigma while wearing this shorts or the pants makes me look like I have a tumor or a really bad hernia.

All in all I think that a set of the compact stocks would make the small amount of printing from the larger set disappear.

I stole this photo from the interwebs:

Name:  GP100 compact vs standard.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  36.6 KB

I too shall join the "JM Custom Kydex" chorus, because they really are the best option for medium framed revolver concealment. I have two JMCK holsters, a standard AIWB for 3 inch GP100s, and a larger Jetfire Special, which is really just the Wing Claw 2.0 set up for a 3 inch L-frame with red dot.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    I too shall join the "JM Custom Kydex" chorus, because they really are the best option for medium framed revolver concealment. I have two JMCK holsters, a standard AIWB for 3 inch GP100s, and a larger Jetfire Special, which is really just the Wing Claw 2.0 set up for a 3 inch L-frame with red dot.
    Do you recommend one over the other?

Ok, sounds like I should just stick with JM Custom Kydex. I do love my JM appendix rig for my beretta px4 compact carry. Thank you all for your wisdom! Now if only they had a quick ship option for a 3” GP100.

Banned
    Want to lessen your CCW printing?

Simple. Don’t iron your shirts.

I believe that one can dress around the gun without looking like a hobo.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Is it too late to say “JMCK”???
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

So I am about ready to send Tony some more of my money but need to knock this around a bit. I just got in my WC and am looking at the aiwb or the George. I am most likely will change the grip to the compact version. How will the wedge size affect carry with the smaller grip? Smaller grip = smaller wedge? I carry a P365 in a standard awib now and it is really tight on the grip. I have thought about trying the George for it to see how much looser it is. I do have the same plane body type The George is recommended for with just a slightly larger waist size. I just gotta pick a color now, I m thinking about being a non traditionalist and go with purple or red or that blue camo To bad he doesn't have a Kelly green or a cobalt blue.

User Tag List