Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reproduction Stoner 63 upper?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Hmmm, weird. It said it cannot be used on a transferable M16 unless a C2 manufacturer, but semi-auto is okay.
    Yeah, I’m curious as to their reasoning on that because...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Yeah, I’m curious as to their reasoning on that because...
    The ATF has classified the BRP upper as a title I firearm. So their reasoning is that if a non-C2 takes the BRP upper and makes it full-auto (even by using a transferable M16), then they've created a post-86 machine gun. In comparison, the Fightlite MCR/Shrike is not classified as a firearm, so anyone can attach it to a transferable M16 and it's no different legally than attaching any other upper.

I believe the reason why the ATF classified the BRP upper as a title I firearm is because the BRP's recoil system is part of the upper, and the lower is just a glorified trigger pack. The MCR/Shrike uses the regular receiver extension and buffer just like any other normal upper.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I believe the reason why the ATF classified the BRP upper as a title I firearm is because the BRP's recoil system is part of the upper, and the lower is just a glorified trigger pack
    Interesting. I can think of a couple of other conversions that seem to meet that criteria.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Is it possible that you saw Robinson Arms announcement that they are re-introducing their Stoner 63 clone? (Because it will be different this time.)

That's a complete rifle, and not an upper, but it was announced early last year they were making another go at it.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List