Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giving Back USA “Thank you” to PF.com (Long Post Warning)

Site Supporter
    I recently had two different brothers-in-arms commit suicide. Got the news of both on the same weekend, no less. I'd talked to one of them via social media just a few weeks prior. The heartbreak and wondering if we should have known or could have done something is... heavy.

So from the bottom of my heart, thank you sincerely for what you and your people do. It is difficult, exhausting, terribly burdensome work to help people wrestle their demons, especially when they'd rather let the demons win.

But he who saves one life, saves the world entire - and thank you for the worlds you're saving!

Can't do much from way out here, so I sent a few bucks through the website. Thanks for all you, the family/crew, and PF are doing.

So we have settled on two “volunteer work days” this spring, and will probably look at doing one more near the end of summer.

April 17, and May 22, 2021 near Martinsville, VA, which is located just north of the NC/VA border along Hwy 220 and Hwy 58. For reference, it’s about a 45 minute drive from Greensboro, NC, a 4.5-5 hour drive from DC and the surrounding burbs. There is no “easy” way to get here, and you definitely end up on some country backroads!!

One of those two days, likely April 17, the Rotary Club in Greensboro is bringing a bunch of people up to lend a hand, and the May 22 event will be mostly local volunteers. If anyone is interested in participating, our focus for these two days are going to be to continue to clear trails, and improve/increase our access to the far reaches of the main property, building additional handicap accessible platforms, and replacing at least 3 bridges. Additional things we will need help with are assembling tree stands, and cutting new trails around danger areas and the giant mud bogs.

This year, more than in years past, we can really use all the help we can get. I’ll be useless for both of the spring work days, as I’m getting that shoulder rebuilt next week, and that is never a rapid, or fun recovery process.

If you are interested in helping out this year, let me know. All you need is a PMA, some clothes you don’t mind getting messy, and we can provide the rest. If you have a chainsaw, or pruning/pole saws, and/or an ATV/UTV, you are welcome to bring them. This property is hard on chainsaws...... we provide everything else you may need such as ATV/UTV fuel (ethanol free), chainsaw/small engine fuel mix, bar oil, drinks, and lunch. We generally try to limit the actual work to 4-5 hours, and then we open up the property for our volunteers to ride their machines for the remainder of the day after lunch.

For PF.com members who come to help, we will happily make our range property available for use. All you need for that is a gun and some ammo (that’s the real trick isn’t it?). We can provide the rest.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

We’d like to say “Thank you” and “Welcome Aboard” to Mastermind Tactics (https://www.mastermindtactics.com/) as they have jumped onto Team Giving Back USA for the big win, and has offered us an additional corporate sponsor! We are excited for this new teammate, and look forward to working with them to continue, as well as expanding our very necessary programs.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

I’m glad I was able to send a few bucks to this worthy cause. I can’t think of a better way to support these service members. Best wishes from this grateful civilian.

For anyone interested in getting their hands dirty, the 22nd of May is confirmed for a work day at the flagship property near Martinsville, VA.

Fire up your chainsaws and ATVs, and come on out for a fun day of fellowship, and some manual labor. If you have skills, such as construction/building, designing platforms, driving a tractor, etc., we can certainly put those skills to use. Even if you don’t have those specific skills, we have a job for everyone. We have trails that need downed trees cleared, and the guys running the chainsaws need people to remove the limbs they are cutting off. We also have picnic tables that need stained, tree stands that need assembling, an area map that needs updating, etc.

We provide everything you will need, such as fuel mix for your two-stroke tools, fuel for your ATVs, fuel for your body (drinks, and lunch).

We generally try to work 4-6 hours, and accomplish pre-set objectives for the day. Once those objectives are met, we take a break for lunch, then open the property up for people to enjoy the fruits of their labor to ride the trails, or scout for hunting season, whatever.

I’ve got two more seats available on May 22nd in the six seater Ranger, as well as one 250cc, and one 125cc ATV (and possibly my personal 420cc), so if you don’t have your own machine, or don’t want to haul it all the way to Martinsville, we can cover you to a degree. First come, first serve.

For PF.com members, if riding the trails at the end of the day isn’t your thing, I’m opening up the range property on the other side of town (~ 25 minute drive). The range is 0-25/100/200 yards, (no in between, but we can set up a 75 yard steel plate target), and can accommodate up to 6 shooters on the line at any given time. We have steel, and a variety of paper targets, to include PF.com FAST Targets, EAG/10-8/Tango Down Targets, bullseye, animals, etc. We also have a battery powered pigeon thrower, and plenty of birds. It is foot pedal activated, so you can even use it by yourself if that’s your thing.

We will also have the range open again on Sunday, May 23rd starting at noon. All you need for the range is your gun(s), and bullets. Depending on what you’re shooting, I “may” be able to help provide some ammo at my cost. Again, first come, first serve.

Saturday night, for those who may be interested, we will be hosting an open house at the “Office”, where we will enjoy a Cuban or two, and perhaps a glass or two of top shelf bourbon and/or Scotch. We also have other flavors, if those options don’t appeal to you, including Frogman Lager, brewed by my bro in Virginia Beach. We will also be discussing a variety of interesting topics, and you’ll be able to see excerpts of GWOT and other American historical memorabilia, such as a Flintlock from the Revolutionary War, a Colt revolver from the War of Northern Agression, a Sharps Carbine, a WWI/WWII 1911, and a 1928 Tommygun . Who knows, we may even slap on some suppressors and do a night shoot with NODs & lasers. ???

During the Sunday Funday range session, it is likely that some of the “antique” arms will find their way to the range for PF.com members to enjoy. If you don’t have video of you doing a Mag dump with a Thompson SMG, you need one........it won’t take up much room, I promise!!!

Martinsville is a little out of the way, we understand that. So if you can’t make it, we certainly understand. Perhaps you’d be so kind as to share our Facebook page and website with your friends and family, and maybe even this thread, that it might encourage a few of them to make a much needed and very much appreciated donation. As a 100% volunteer organization, NO ONE receives financial compensation for their services.

Thanks! We look forward to seeing some old friends, and meeting some new ones!

The office:

Name:  8D934D44-3671-4F93-BDF6-DC1671A70608.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  82.3 KB

User Tag List