Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Self-Defense Revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Maybe, I don't recall. Here it is though!

Attachment 69555

Also, a double shoulder rig for these would be...pretty fucking cyberpunk

Note the already big effing revolvers :-)

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-męme, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Wonder if Ruger has similar options. The Smiths I own I really do not want to modify in any way as they are beautiful post-war guns. A newish GP100, however, who cares.
    Yes, EGW makes a similar mount for Ruger GP100 revolvers. You can find them on Brownells or the EGW website. These use the existing rear sight mountings, so no need to drill/tap.

I agree, there's no need to drill and tap a beautiful Smith. There are plenty out there drilled and tapped. Check your current guns; if they're already drilled and tapped, you just need to unscrew the screws holding down the rear sight, and screw on the mount. As long as you don't bugger the screws, your gun will remain pristine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Note the already big effing revolvers :-)

After watching that video clip, my wife and I watched that cheesy movie last night. According to IMDb firearms, there were supposed to be two Pythons see in the movie, but I didn’t see them. I did see ALL of Kim Catrell.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I did see ALL of Kim Catrell.
    In the list it goes... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    After watching that video clip, my wife and I watched that cheesy movie last night. According to IMDb firearms, there were supposed to be two Pythons see in the movie, but I didn’t see them. I did see ALL of Kim Catrell.
    Perhaps those were the two pythons you were to see?

Site Supporter

Modern Self Defense Revolver

After working a trade with a co worker for his unloved 686 Plus, I built my version of the Modern Self Defense Revolver. Kudos to Caleb for the inspiration.

I opened it up and cleaned it, then polished anything needing attention. I chamfered the cylinder. I installed the Allchin Mount for a Delta Point/Holosun K Footprint and mounted a Holosun EPS-R-MRS. I changed out the factory grips for the Hogue Bantams, which have become my go to grip choice. Polishing and cleaning have smoothed out the trigger pull and brought it down to 12 lbs. with the stock parts. I intend to work some combinations to bring it down to 9 to 10 lbs double action. (That may take a bit as we have family arriving from across the pond, so I may not get to the range for a bit) Speedloaders and holsters are on the way. In the meantime it's dryfire for awhile.
    Name:  686 Finished.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  44.3 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Name:  IMG_7928.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  68.9 KB
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Name:  IMG_7928.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  68.9 KB
    Is that the loose nut behind the gun we keep hearing about?

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Absolutely. Not an hour after @jetfire warned us all to check ejector rods on S&W and Taurus guns because they can loosen…mine loosened up. Tightened it up with a tiny drop of orange loctite and it ran like a champ. Matter of fact, all of the many 856 Toros ran perfectly and shot well, even at distance. Cool little gun that could.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I never get tired of the look of that GP100 Wiley Clapp
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

User Tag List