Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Self-Defense Revolvers

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Maybe, I don't recall. Here it is though!

Attachment 69555

Also, a double shoulder rig for these would be...pretty fucking cyberpunk
    Beat you to it. I assembled a double rig last spring. Two 4" GP100s'. A six shot and a seven shot. It hasn't replaced my single holster rig yet, but it splits time with it.

Lead suggestion in Rangemaster’s March newsletter article, titled “Revolver Modifications” -

https://secureservercdn.net/45.40.15...Newsletter.pdf
    Name:  C4C8FC54-6E38-46A6-BB1D-C0CA83E42423.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  43.3 KB

My Model 12-0 just received from Karl Sokol in March 2021. Guess Some of us have been paying attention. Those Hideout grips need some fitting out of the box, but are great for concealment, adequate for shooting. Also has a Big Dot front sight, which is superb for the belly gun use case.

Name:  A3C7DF55-657B-4F86-8D5B-DE339F3EE02E.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  62.0 KB

My version of that concept:
    Name:  S&W 10-5.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  60.8 KB
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    Lead suggestion in Rangemaster’s March newsletter article, titled “Revolver Modifications” -

https://secureservercdn.net/45.40.15...Newsletter.pdf
    Name:  C4C8FC54-6E38-46A6-BB1D-C0CA83E42423.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  43.3 KB

My Model 12-0 just received from Karl Sokol in March 2021. Guess Some of us have been paying attention. Those Hideout grips need some fitting out of the box, but are great for concealment, adequate for shooting. Also has a Big Dot front sight, which is superb for the belly gun use case.

Name:  A3C7DF55-657B-4F86-8D5B-DE339F3EE02E.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  62.0 KB
    I really like the hideouts. I had them on my 3" 65 for a while but found them too smooth. I wish there was a rougher version or a round butt to square conversion.

This is an old thread. Let’s talk about this some more.

It looks like the Taurus 856 series checks most of the boxes.

Site Supporter
    Even though I have three perfectly good M10s (one of which has been through the S&W Performance Center), seeing @jetfire's Taurus M82 kinda makes me want to get one.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Maybe, I don't recall. Here it is though!

Attachment 69555

Also, a double shoulder rig for these would be...pretty fucking cyberpunk
    I've always wanted a revolver that would take a quality dot. Has been the thing that has kept me from shooting then more often in the last few years. My eyes being what they are, and dots being so much better than "nots," it's hard to go back to irons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I've always wanted a revolver that would take a quality dot. Has been the thing that has kept me from shooting then more often in the last few years. My eyes being what they are, and dots being so much better than "nots," it's hard to go back to irons.
    Smith revolvers made after (I think) 1994 are pre-drilled and tapped for rails. The aftermarket now makes rails with common dot patterns.

I’ve been shooting a Smith 617 with a dot the past year in a local league. My trigger control has gotten way better. It’s worth the effort for that alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Smith revolvers made after (I think) 1994 are pre-drilled and tapped for rails. The aftermarket now makes rails with common dot patterns.

I’ve been shooting a Smith 617 with a dot the past year in a local league. My trigger control has gotten way better. It’s worth the effort for that alone.

Not to mention its not that hard to drill holes in Smith frames. Im thinking I will dot the 3" K project gun at some point. I have a drill and taps and know how to use them, sort of.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post

Wonder if Ruger has similar options. The Smiths I own I really do not want to modify in any way as they are beautiful post-war guns. A newish GP100, however, who cares.

User Tag List