Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Self-Defense Revolvers

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Modern Self-Defense Revolvers

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Good stuff from Darryl as usual. Attending a HITS class is high on my list of things to do.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Original deleted. I really am dumb about computers. LOL

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Is the location of this "piece" a secret, only available to the inner circle, or can we mere mortals be told of its location?

Dave
    Click the link in the text.

Understatement of the century:

However, I have many different Medium or Medium-Large frame revolvers to choose from..."

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

A good summary of many points he has raised over the years, both here and while dominating the occasional podcast. Nice to see these thoughts on service-size revolvers written down in one place for reference.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I wonder where he got that sweet 2.5" Model 19?

Didn't we just have a thread about how unreliable revolvers are?

Personally I believe a properly cared for and loaded revolver that is not dropped in a pile of goo before use is the most reliable tool for chest to chest and the less trained .....especially in smaller format weapons.

BTW great article.

Great piece. I’ll always have revolvers around.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Didn't we just have a thread about how unreliable revolvers are?

Personally I believe a properly cared for and loaded revolver that is not dropped in a pile of goo before use is the most reliable tool for chest to chest and the less trained .....
    To that subject, his comments about cars and the often necessary free-floating aspect of shooting while inside one really resonates with me.

I’ve said it here before: the two times that an otherwise rock-solid Gen3 G17 shit the bed on me in training was punching steel through fresh windshield glass from inside a training vehicle and being upside down, bridged over with a steady stream of rainwater going up my nose and inside my ESS glasses. That gun never malfed in any other conditions, but when grip and stance gets compromised, even a vetted G17 can reach limits of tolerance that a similarly vetted service revolver would shrug off for the first 6 rounds.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List