Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daughter’s art.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    My daughter did draw the penis looking thing in the middle though, unfortunately.
    Nah, man, don't worry! It's a bong not a penis.....
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Suggest to your daughter that she finish it before showing it to her friends. Glue a paper plate to the head. Maybe glue some yarn to the plate. Cut up another target to make clothes for this one. Decorate the clothes. Don't forget to use some aluminum foil some where. Foil is eye catching and can distract from other elements the piece.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Suggest to your daughter that she finish it before showing it to her friends. Glue a paper plate to the head. Maybe glue some yarn to the plate. Cut up another target to make clothes for this one. Decorate the clothes. Don't forget to use some aluminum foil some where. Foil is eye catching and can distract from other elements the piece.
    Once all that’s done, shoot a few Mozambiques on it.

It will explain itself.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I just love the canvas.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Love it. The artist really captured the contrast between the excesses of the bourgeois and the banality of capitalism.

Site Supporter
    Flip it over. The head is now a handle. She held the handle while painting it.
    --Jason--

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    It speaks to me of the duality of man.

To offer one critique, I think that the reductive quality of the negative space endangers the devious simplicity of the eloquence of the piece.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

To offer one critique, I think that the reductive quality of the negative space endangers the devious simplicity of the eloquence of the piece.
    I'm reminded of a passage from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

``Now Earthlings ...'' whirred the Vogon (he didn't know that Ford Prefect was in fact from a small planet in the vicinity of Betelgeuse, and wouldn't have cared if he had) ``I present you with a simple choice! Either die in the vacuum of space, or ...'' he paused for melodramatic effect, ``tell me how good you thought my poem was!''

He threw himself backwards into a huge leathery bat-shaped seat and watched them. He did the smile again.

Ford was rasping for breath. He rolled his dusty tongue round his parched mouth and moaned.

Arthur said brightly: ``Actually I quite liked it.''

Ford turned and gaped. Here was an approach that had quite simply not occurred to him.

The Vogon raised a surprised eyebrow that effectively obscured his nose and was therefore no bad thing.

``Oh good ...'' he whirred, in considerable astonishment.

``Oh yes,'' said Arthur, ``I thought that some of the metaphysical imagery was really particularly effective.''

Ford continued to stare at him, slowly organizing his thoughts around this totally new concept. Were they really going to be able to bareface their way out of this?

``Yes, do continue ...'' invited the Vogon.

``Oh ... and er ... interesting rhythmic devices too,'' continued Arthur, ``which seemed to counterpoint the ... er ... er ...'' He floundered.

Ford leaped to his rescue, hazarding ``counterpoint the surrealism of the underlying metaphor of the ... er ...'' He floundered too, but Arthur was ready again.

``... humanity of the ...''

``Vogonity,'' Ford hissed at him.

``Ah yes, Vogonity (sorry) of the poet's compassionate soul,'' Arthur felt he was on a home stretch now, ``which contrives through the medium of the verse structure to sublimate this, transcend that, and come to terms with the fundamental dichotomies of the other,'' (he was reaching a triumphant crescendo ...) ``and one is left with a profound and vivid insight into ... into ... er ...'' (... which suddenly gave out on him.) Ford leaped in with the coup de grace:

``Into whatever it was the poem was about!'' he yelled. Out of the corner of his mouth: ``Well done, Arthur, that was very good.''

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

The Jungian Thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List