Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
I called Beretta Technical/Customer service today to discuss my ringed barrel.

The first question I asked is if it was safe to continue using - the reply was that it is Beretta's policy to never say it was safe to fire a damaged barrel even if it was. Their opinion is the barrel needs to be replaced. I expected that and told them that since I am a proletariat of the Republic of California, I would not be able own the threaded barrel and needed the standard barrel. I was informed that they did not have any and that they were no longer getting them from Umarex. The rep did say it might be worth taking up with the ammunition manufacturer but this is simply impossible as I was using a mixed bag of ammo.

So basically my options are:
1) Somehow acquire a threaded barrel and then have it de-threaded and re-profiled.
2) Purchase a new conversion kit and then keep the slide for spare parts or sell it.
3) Disregard Beretta USA's recommendation and continue to use the barrel. A quick search of opinions on the internet seems to indicate most people consider a .22LR with a bulged barrel safe to shoot.

The barrel is most definitely bulged as a patched cleaning rod will reach a point where there is little resistance and then return to normal resistance. Additionally I took the micrometer to the outside of the barrel and the diameter of the barrel is 7/1000 inch wider at the bulge than at other points along the barrel.

At this point I am most likely going to continue to use the kit. Depending on my trust level and any loss of accuracy I will wait for one of Beretta's big sales and replace the unit.

Thanks for all the advice. I will keep you posted with any developments.
Suvorov, please PM me your contact information.