Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt Boa

Quote Originally Posted by Pol View Post
    Take a close look at the two “bidders”. One was created 12/8/2020, the other 1/22/2021.

This auction is as real as the tooth fairy. It’s a scheme to artificially bump up the value of the items they want to sell. I’ve seen this crowd do it before a couple of times.
    Pol, given those probable shenanigans, do you have any more info about it? I will definitely steer clear from their auctions in the future.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Yeah, that's a shotgun thing.
    Heathens, both of you

That's not to say I'd buy or own a Colt snake gun, but that's not because of how they look

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I remember the Colt Boa. True; did not last long. I recall few details, as I was first using S&W revolvers, and added Rugers, so just dabbled in a few DA Colts, over time; a Detective Special or two, a Stainless Python, and a Lawman Mark III. The only Colts that have held my interest have been single actions.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Scal View Post
    Pol, given those probable shenanigans, do you have any more info about it? I will definitely steer clear from their auctions in the future.
    We all know "shill bidding" is a thing on GB.
    However, if you look at the current high bidder/second high bidder, both have multiple positive feedbacks from multiple sellers.
    If they are "shills", that would require quite the coordinated effort amongst several GB sellers.

I have no interest in Keystone Arms other than being a satisfied customer.
    If you take a minute and actually look, it seems obvious neither are "shill bidders".

A more reputable auction and result. Still more than I would be willing to pay. https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...olver-with-box

Site Supporter
    Even if I could afford that kind of money for a gun, the only Colt I would spend close to that on would be a 1st Generation Single Action Army. And it would have to be a really good one!

Dave

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Even if it was a re-bagged 4", 1980 Python, I don't understand it being bid to over $23,000. Did I miss a decimal some where in there?

Dave
    Colt collectors are their own little universe.

Don't expect reason in that universe.

It's a "limited run" Colt, which means they will forcibly remove kidneys to get it.
    3/15/2016

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scal View Post
    Lots, but take a look at some of their other auctions and see for yourself. These guys seem to have a real affinity for shafting people with Colts. And they are not the only ones. There are a number of these lowlifes on gunbroker.

They've stepped up their game as of late. I've seen in the past sellers used the same dummy accounts to bid on a number of their guns - you'd get a NR bidder bidding on a Freedom Arms, a Glock, a Win 94 and a lot of disparate guns but only ones from a single seller. Over time they have built up tens if not hundreds of dummy accounts so you cannot really spot them anymore.

They'll either try and artificially inflate the value of a gun like these guns are doing over here, or bid you up incrementally if you have put in a proxy bid, and continue till they exceed your maximum. When they do, they simply retract the last bid, effectively eliminating the possibility of you getting a nice gun for a good price. Beware whenever you see a "buyer" bidding up the price incrementally. Some legitimate buyers do do that, but often it's the sellers using dummy accounts.
    Last edited by Pol; 02-20-2021 at 11:15 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    If they are "shills", that would require quite the coordinated effort amongst several GB sellers.
    These accounts all belong to keystone. It's doesn't take much for a high volume seller to build up a couple of very legit looking dummy accounts, and they have been at it for years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Colt collectors are their own little universe.

Don't expect reason in that universe.

It's a "limited run" Colt, which means they will forcibly remove kidneys to get it.
    There’s also quite the history of fraud in the world of Colt collectors.

im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List