Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Dayton Gun - Hanen Specials...

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I couldn’t do it. That gun is too nice a package. I’m the sort of guy who puts his minty 36-6 in and out of kydex holsters, and I know I’d be afraid to scratch up that gun.

Shall we open the guessing at the final auction price?
    Based on who is selling it and the fact it's what appears to be a "complete package" plus factory letter...
    My guess is about $2k (+).
    Last edited by tango-papa; 04-25-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Based on who is selling it and the fact it's what appears to be a "complete package" plus factory letter...
    My guess is about $2k.
    I would normally guess 2500... but the way these things have been selling, maybe 2150 on this? It’ll be fun to find out!
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I would normally guess 2500... but the way these things have been selling, maybe 2150 on this? It’ll be fun to find out!
    Yeah, I was adding the (+) to my guess while you were posting...

It's been interesting/surprising to watch several sell under the $1500 mark.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    And this one includes the original box, documents and factory letter.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/898518771
    I thought about bidding, but that gun's going to go for far more than I'm willing to pay, so all I would be doing is frelling with people.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I thought about bidding, but that gun's going to go for far more than I'm willing to pay, so all I would be doing is frelling with people.
    One of the blued Hanen Specials at the $1000ish price point would've been one to get, eh?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    One of the blued Hanen Specials at the $1000ish price point would've been one to get, eh?
    Yeah, but that's where I was dropping out.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Posted this in the Revolvers - Short Fuse Enabling thread in the hopes someone here grabs it.

There's another one up on GB:

First run Dayton Gun - Hanen Special.

It's a "Buy Now" only at $1499.99.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/914680312

Posted this in the Revolvers - Short Fuse Enabling thread in the hopes someone here grabs it.

There's another one up on GB:

First run Dayton Gun - Hanen Special.

It's a "Buy Now" only at $1499.99.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/914680312
    That one is a little rough. Also interesting that it has the WO rear but no RR front with TH & TT. As mentioned, wrong grips as well, not just not serialized to the gun, but the ones on the gun look to have come from a M&P.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    That one is a little rough. Also interesting that it has the WO rear but no RR front with TH & TT. As mentioned, wrong grips as well, not just not serialized to the gun, but the ones on the gun look to have come from a M&P.
    Agreed on all counts.

However, it's still a nice piece, built with quality forged parts and a confirmed/legit Dayton-Hanen.
    If I didn't already have a nice pre-14 with factory 4 inch barrel, my post would've been that I bought this one at the asking price.

Vintage correct K Frame Diamond Magnas are readily available.
    I didn't pay attention to the sight details, but obviously those could be changed as well.

Just scored a minty second run Hanen Special for $905.00.

User Tag List