Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Barbecue Thread

I'm Southern Baptist, so...

And I'm currently in PNG, and it's been 4 months since I've last had good BBQ, and it will probably over a year until I get it next.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Now, this is all I can think about.
    Tacos pescado at Rudy’s. Bless their hearts.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    Been to DC and Martland but never had pulled pork there. What do yo uh like about it that makes you say its best?
    Crazy moist, deep ring, serious bark. At like three or four places I can think of, over the course of several years. Little holes in the wall.
    Ignore Alien Orders

The absolute best BBQ Brisket I've ever eaten was at a hole in the wall joint, I believe on East McArthur in Wichita, the back of the building was a strip club.

'Watcha want?' 'How about some brisket, coleslaw, fries and a coke?' 'French fryer's broken, and we don't have any ice, we got chips' 'Okay'

Outfreakingstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Crazy moist, deep ring, serious bark. At like three or four places I can think of, over the course of several years. Little holes in the wall.
    Where?

Having been to the Carolinas, Texas and KC, my favorite BBQ is definitely KC. Jack's Stacks, Q39, Gates, and Joe's KC were all crazy tasty.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post

However, I'm also half of a texting. My father was from there. Therefore we grew up eating brisket several times a year and still have love for that.
    F'ing auto correct!

That was supposed to say half- Texan!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I'm Southern Baptist, so...

And I'm currently in PNG, and it's been 4 months since I've last had good BBQ, and it will probably over a year until I get it next.
    Get yourself a smoker.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Where?

Having been to the Carolinas, Texas and KC, my favorite BBQ is definitely KC. Jack's Stacks, Q39, Gates, and Joe's KC were all crazy tasty.
    Carolina Brothers in Ashburn sticks out. I am having a hell of a time remembering the MD place because I am usually trying to get out of MD as fast as possible.

next time you’re in town go to LCs and get ribs. Go to BB’s lawnside and get hammered. And for the love of God, go to Bryant’s and get anything to put sauce on.

Site Supporter
    Not claiming much BBQ gravitas, since NM is not a BBQ location, but we cook a lot of meat with smoke, or in ground ovens, like the original boucans,but one local burger chain and one regonal BBQ chain seem to have stumbled on a magical BBQ Carne Adovada. Pork roast is wet rubbed with red chile sauce and smoked. Until it is pulled pork done. And then draped in more red chile sauce. And wrapped in a tortilla, sprinkled with chopped onions and cheese, and consumed.

Another local restaurant has been on the Food Network, more than once, for Red Chile Pork Ribs, braised, not smoked. But still

YUM.

pat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Little holes in the wall.
    When I order in those places, it is almost always "give me what you eat here".

pat

User Tag List