Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: And Yet Another 320 Lawsuit?

Quote Originally Posted by roboster2013 View Post
    The following link is a Youtube video by SigGuy showing the disassembly of the striker assembly which gives you a very good view of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNx2UJNUCZ0
    Thanks. So it's this little spring-loaded tab that is held up by a teeny little spring, rotating on a teeny little shaft? And that's the "striker block"?

Name:  Screenshot from 2021-02-20 15-56-47.png
Views: 373
Size:  74.1 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I fully agree. Also speaking of 365 has there been any drop fire or ANY discharge when it wasn't intended issues with the 365? I haven't heard of any just striker breakage and going into battery issues from early guns and nothing at all from the 365XL guns.
    No, not with the 365 of 365XL.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I see what you did there, whether you meant to or not.

F Sig
    That’s exactly what I did. The post I was responding to implied that SIG’s MIM parts were shit because they came from India which is both racist and stupid. Just like prior discussion about QC of AR-15 parts, with capable third party OEMs the QC level is based on the production speed/machine time and reject rate the customer (in this case SIG) is willing to pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That’s exactly what I did. The post I was responding to implied that SIG’s MIM parts were shit because they came from India which is both racist and stupid. Just like prior discussion about QC of AR-15 parts, with capable third party OEMs the QC level is based on the production speed/machine time and reject rate the customer (in this case SIG) is willing to pay for.
    About what I figured.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

SIG has likely delivered over half of the M17/M18 pistols at this point; they had delivered over 200,000 by the end of 2020. I remain surprised at how quickly these have been produced and delivered; even Reserve units are receiving them. They're deployed in combat (this pic was taken in Syria last December).

One way or another, with that many pistols in service, we're going to figure out what's going on.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Wonder why they did not choose Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan0354 View Post
    Wonder why they did not choose Glock.
    Price.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks. So it's this little spring-loaded tab that is held up by a teeny little spring, rotating on a teeny little shaft? And that's the "striker block"?
    That's what I got from watching that video too. The tab is probably robust enough given that its motion would be constrained by the narrow space it operates in, but that spring sure seems like it could be vulnerable to damage and/or debris.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Price.
    Glock is not more expensive. They all about the same. If anything, I always thought Sig is more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan0354 View Post
    Glock is not more expensive. They all about the same. If anything, I always thought Sig is more expensive.
    For you... For Uncle Sugar, Sig practically gave them away. Beat the glock bid by $130 million.

User Tag List