Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: And Yet Another 320 Lawsuit?

Sometimes Sig really gets it right...MCX for example.

But most of the time they get sort of British Car about it. They come up with a brilliant design and execute it half-assed.

It's frustrating because I want to like the P365, the P320, etc. but I can't convince myself the juice is worth the squeeze.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

But most of the time they get sort of British Car about it. They come up with a brilliant design and execute it half-assed.

It's frustrating because I want to like the P365, the P320, etc. but I can't convince myself the juice is worth the squeeze.
    Despite the initial striker QC issues, the P365 /365XL is one they got right.

I’ve mentioned it before but I wish SIG would scale up the P365XL to take 320 mags and just call it the 320 2.0.

I thought people said the new guns are much improved from 30 years ago. I guess not.

Is Glock still good? I just bought a Glock 26, I have not have a chance to shoot it yet because of shortage of ammo.

I am just doing research by searching youtube and see how many complains of jamming and failure videos on the particular model.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No. Their QA/QC is as good as it has been at the US branch.

SIG has had two major issues, both related to engineering and vetting new designs:

The first was when SIG tried to find cheaper ways to make their traditional products to compete with polymer frame guns. For example trying to make parts designed as forged parts via cheaper processes such as MIM. Nothing wrong with MIM parts designed to be MIM- HKs are full of great MIM.
    Many of the SIG MIM parts are produced in India.
    If you order parts directly from sig they come in a package clearly labeled "made in India".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    Many of the SIG MIM parts are produced in India.
    If you order parts directly from sig they come in a package clearly labeled "made in India".
    And ?

iPhones are made in China. Other SIG MIM parts are made in Israel.

Indo MIM makes parts for many in the firearms industry and can make any level of Quality the customer is willing to pay for.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan0354 View Post
    I thought people said the new guns are much improved from 30 years ago. I guess not.

Is Glock still good? I just bought a Glock 26, I have not have a chance to shoot it yet because of shortage of ammo.

I am just doing research by searching youtube and see how many complains of jamming and failure videos on the particular model.
    Yes sir, Glocks are still good. I keep two fully loaded Glocks at home. Both wear trigger covers. A google search will locate these for you. Perhaps the best trigger cover is a main brand kydex holster. Leave the pistol in it.

Negligent discharges occur with every brand. Playing with a loaded pistol is risky behavior. I began shooting a 1911 45 Auto when a young teen. I had access to discarded military ammo. At age 40 I had my first and only nd. I was playing with a loaded 1911 45 Auto. Bang.

The Glock is an unforgiving pistol in my opinion. It does not tolerate unsafe handling habits. Sadly, many do not know they have such habits. Perhaps you will search the forum for educational materials. Perhaps a knowledgeable member will direct you.

It's none of my business what you do with your new Glock, but I will repeat advice already give. Please don't work on your Glock 26. Forget about after market parts.

Since you're here on P-F, I would limit my research to here. We have a lot of people with a lot of expertise here. Youtube has a lot of misinformation. Remember too if you search for videos of guns jamming, you'll find them. The 2,000 Round Challenge thread, stickied at the top of this forum is a great place to reference.

Anyways the Glock 26 is a fine firearm. Practice safe gun handling habits (as @willie suggested) and you'll be okay.

The Sig SP2022 is an excellent handgun, by the way. In general the Sig "Classic" line are well regarded (P220, 226, etc).

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I don't know who those people are, but I'd just point and laugh.

Leave if factory, lube it to specification, run a reasonable quality ammunition, and it'll be fine. Glocks actually are improved. While they haven't been without teething pains on some models, today's Glocks are more accurate, have better triggers out of the box, and are at least equally as durable as earlier editions.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Does anyone remember the issue with M&P’s firing if the shooter prepped the trigger then came off the trigger? A known design flaw that while a rare occurrence S&W addressed it in their manual. I know one high profile shooter that had this happen in matches and dumped the platform. I don’t know if S&W ever re-engineered the mechanical issue but they certainly removed all mention in their manuals the last time I looked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

British Car about it. They come up with a brilliant design and execute it half-assed.
    I am old enough to get this analogy, Sig is Rover (old company) and surely Keltec is Leyland...

User Tag List