Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: And Yet Another 320 Lawsuit?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I fully agree. Also speaking of 365 has there been any drop fire or ANY discharge when it wasn't intended issues with the 365? I haven't heard of any just striker breakage and going into battery issues from early guns and nothing at all from the 365XL guns.
    None that I’m aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    From a safety standpoint I'd have zero concerns buying one of those pistols and carrying it daily. They are a fundamentally good, proven design that has offered excellent service over a very long time.

Buy away if you like it.
    Yep. The 2022 is one of SIGs trouble-free offerings. I’ve owned several over the last decade and I’d have no reservations carrying one for defensive purposes today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCinVA

Sig is certainly not alone in that. All the gun companies have done it to some extent or another.

...but there aren't police officers dropping a duty belt with an M&P in the holster getting shot by their sidearm while it's inside the holster, either. So...

This is exactly my CQC buddies concerns, they instruct a package where the Maritime Response Force platoon will shoot 500,000 pistol rounds in a month, between the flat bays and the shoothouses. Then they know that these guys are going to have to deploy with that same pistol and conduct MRF Raids and VBSS, going through scuttles, up and down ladderways, climbing up, over and through quadcons and other various cargo, Fight down passageways all made of metal, not to mention banging up and down caving ladders while just trying to get onto the ship in the first place. This is one of the reasons the Safariland holster was originally developed in the first place, to protect the gun while smashing into the sides of ships and shit.....and now some of them are seeing that the thing they are supposed to transition to later this year "might" just go off in the holster if it's hit hard enough......It is concerning to some of them to say the least.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Glocks actually are improved. While they haven't been without teething pains on some models, today's Glocks are more accurate, have better triggers out of the box, and are at least equally as durable as earlier editions.
    Unfortunately, the OP can only buy a new Glock from 2 generations ago.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I fully agree. Also speaking of 365 has there been any drop fire or ANY discharge when it wasn't intended issues with the 365?
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    None that I’m aware of.
    There have been sporadic reports of NDs like you'd expect from any gun selling hundreds of thousands of units. Example:

We were finished up shooting, the range was all cleaned up, and we were getting ready to leave. I reloaded my 2 mags with my carry ammo (Sig 365) and charged the gun and tried to reholster the firearm per the instructions in the Blackhawk manual. I held the holster open with my left hand, and with my finger away from the trigger I went to reholster the gun. Because this holster is flimsy and collapses when empty, I assumed the amount of force it was taking was normal, but apparently I was wrong because the gun discharged with a thunderous boom and sent the hollow point bullet into my waist and back out, then into my thigh and back out, went straight down the inside of my pant leg and grazed the heel of my shoe as it hit the concrete floor.
    https://www.sigtalk.com/threads/bewa...myself.332076/

Hopefully everyone here knows to holster off the body with a soft holster (if you use one at all), but the aboge ND probably wouldn't have happened with a hammer fired gun, one with an external safety, or perhaps even one with a trigger dingus safety like glock.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    This is exactly my CQC buddies concerns, they instruct a package where the Maritime Response Force platoon will shoot 500,000 pistol rounds in a month, between the flat bays and the shoothouses. Then they know that these guys are going to have to deploy with that same pistol and conduct MRF Raids and VBSS, going through scuttles, up and down ladderways, climbing up, over and through quadcons and other various cargo, Fight down passageways all made of metal, not to mention banging up and down caving ladders while just trying to get onto the ship in the first place. This is one of the reasons the Safariland holster was originally developed in the first place, to protect the gun while smashing into the sides of ships and shit.....and now some of them are seeing that the thing they are supposed to transition to later this year "might" just go off in the holster if it's hit hard enough......It is concerning to some of them to say the least.
    It's a valid concern.
    3/15/2016

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    TCinVA

Sig is certainly not alone in that. All the gun companies have done it to some extent or another.

...but there aren't police officers dropping a duty belt with an M&P in the holster getting shot by their sidearm while it's inside the holster, either. So...

If only there was a pistol already in the supply chain that has proven itself as drop/impact safe?

If the Marines in one of these platoons shoot over 10,000 rounds a month, how is it that the DA/SA can't be mastered? Obviously I know you aren't calling the shots at that level. I am simply amazed that a line unit gets to shoot so much and I kind of assumed that part of the reasoning for a striker/easier to learn trigger was that the .mil was trying to reach proficiency with as few hours and rounds of training as possible.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 02-20-2021 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I am not at all familiar with the inner workings of the P320 trigger and striker but I have heard tails....

Can someone who is knowledgeable tell me how a loaded P320 with what I understand is a striker under tension is safer than a P228 or Beretta 92 in single action mode? Does the P320 have something analogous to a firing pin safety/block?
    The P320 does have a striker block, but it is a completely different design than the rest of Sig's pistols. Most of Sig's semi-auto pistols have a plunger type block with a multi-coil compression spring, similar to what Glocks have. The striker block on the P320 is a 0.9mm thick piece of stamped metal with a bend that forms a tab at the top end which engages the striker. It utilizes a single coil torsion spring. So, could this different design have something to do with the discharges? Perhaps. We'll have to see as more information comes out related to all the litigation.
    Last edited by roboster2013; 02-20-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I don't know who those people are, but I'd just point and laugh.

Leave if factory, lube it to specification, run a reasonable quality ammunition, and it'll be fine. Glocks actually are improved. While they haven't been without teething pains on some models, today's Glocks are more accurate, have better triggers out of the box, and are at least equally as durable as earlier editions.
    I agree with the trigger, I am surprised the trigger is quite crisp. I don't know the accuracy, I have no expectation. I don't expect any accuracy with this kind of pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I am old enough to get this analogy, Sig is Rover (old company) and surely Keltec is Leyland...
    Wow, that's not a flattering analogy!!! British cars are known for the un-reliability!!! Land Rover is an absolute joke, so is MG, so is Jaguar.

Quote Originally Posted by roboster2013 View Post
    The P320 does have a striker block, but it is a completely different design than the rest of Sig's pistols. Most of Sig's semi-auto pistols have a plunger type block with a multi-coil compression spring, similar to what Glocks have. The striker block on the P320 is a 0.9mm thick piece of stamped metal with a bend that forms a tab at the top end which engages the striker. It utilizes a single coil torsion spring. So, could this different design have something to do with the discharges. Perhaps. We'll have to see as more information comes out related to all the litigation.
    It is also exposed when the slide is in the rearward position, which makes me wonder.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List