Thread: Single Pistol Mag Pouch V3 for Glock - clip choices

Single Pistol Mag Pouch V3 for Glock - clip choices

I am about to order one of these
    https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/SPMP3-G940.html

My dilemma is which 1.5in clip to get. I *want* the slimmest clip possible but I also may find myself attaching it to an Andrews Leather or similar Beltman 1.5in belt from time to time.

For those that have the thinner clip and a similar belt, any advice?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

My dilemma is which 1.5in clip to get. I *want* the slimmest clip possible but I also may find myself attaching it to an Andrews Leather or similar Beltman 1.5in belt from time to time.

I have the same mag carrier with the "concealment" clip. I use it on a 1.5" wide Wilderness Instructor 5-stitch belt with excellent results.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

rob_s, you can use it on thicker belts, however the hook won't grab well at all. It was designed for the thinner nylon belts. Sounds capitalistic of me to say this (doesn't mean it's not the truth though) but I would buy 2 mag pouches, one for leather and one for nylon. My 2 cents.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

FWIW, as one who owns MANY examples of Tony's OWB mag pouches, all of them with clips for thick 1 1/2" wide leather belts, I find they continue to work just fine now that, after 35 years, I've switched from behind the hip IWB CCW (of the pistol) to AIWB, and using thin Mastermind/Graith 1 1/2" belts.

As long as the belt isn't truly slack, the OWB mag pouch (on the offside hip) is held in place just fine by reasonable belt tension, even though the clip's or loop's opening is intended to fit a thick belt.

For OWB mag carry, how much concealment difference is there between the narrow-belt clip vs. thick-belt clip? Not much.
    If you want to have one OWB mag pouch to do double duty with thick and thin belts, the thicker clip is OK, at least IME.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Well, I’ve got three of the “thin” in on order now.

It’s really for my wife, and she probably won’t carry at all, just use them for a class and maybe some matches eventually, so I think we’ll be ok.

We’ll see how they work on a wilderness belt and adjust accordingly.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List