Thread: Suggestion on grips for a 4 inch J frame?

Suggestion on grips for a 4 inch J frame?

Name:  IMG_0738.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  65.2 KB
    A LGS near me is liquidating an estate. Lots of interesting revolvers are being placed on sale almost every day. Recently picked up two for a fair-ish price. The nickle plated Model 15 will get a set of stag grips and a polished aluminum T-Grip eventually ( I believe Curtiss Lemay's Praetorian guard used to have a tacky set up like that, if anyone knows for sure please post). For now it wears VZ grips which I highly recommend.

The real find is the Model 631 in .32 H&R. Haven't shot it yet but the DA trigger pull is shockingly good for a J frame. It came unfired in the box. Right now it wears a Crimson Trace LG-305 that fits well but seems out of place somehow. The revolver is the round butt version.

Any suggestions on a good full size wood set of stocks (without finger grooves) to put on it? No boot grips or synthetics preferred but something that will fit my XL hands better than what came on the piece.
    Last edited by 314159; 02-19-2021 at 09:32 AM.
    My apologies to weasels.

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    Any suggestions on a good full size wood set of stocks (without finger grooves) to put on it? No boot grips or synthetics preferred but something that will fit my XL hands better than what came on the piece.
    I am a little envious of the 631. I think Altamont round to square J frame stocks would be nice:

Name:  J frame round to square.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  56.9 KB

Here is a 64-5 with stag (elk) stocks and an aluminum Tyler T-Grips. I bought it, but my wife shot it and it is hers now:

Name:  M64-5 Stag T-Grips.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  90.9 KB

Altamonts ordered. Nice recommendation, for some reason I thought they were out of business...
    My apologies to weasels.

Altamonts ordered. Nice recommendation, for some reason I thought they were out of business...
    I have some on my 60-4. They are good for shooting but not that great for concealment.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Sile from CDNN. I have a post about them around here somewhere. Search will find it.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Name:  IMG_0738.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  65.2 KB
    A LGS near me is liquidating an estate. Lots of interesting revolvers are being placed on sale almost every day. Recently picked up two for a fair-ish price. The nickle plated Model 15 will get a set of stag grips and a polished aluminum T-Grip eventually ( I believe Curtiss Lemay's Praetorian guard used to have a tacky set up like that, if anyone knows for sure please post). For now it wears VZ grips which I highly recommend.

The real find is the Model 631 in .32 H&R. Haven't shot it yet but the DA trigger pull is shockingly good for a J frame. It came unfired in the box. Right now it wears a Crimson Trace LG-305 that fits well but seems out of place somehow. The revolver is the round butt version.

I have one of the 2” 631s NLS. It is by far my favorite J frame to shoot. I had been looking for a 4” but I think you snagged the only one available.

I don’t think I ever noticed that the 4” versions had an adjustable rear sight.

Name:  619F8A0C-5A0B-474B-A5AF-528FA1D89C2F.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  100.3 KB

It’s currently wearing a set of Hogue boot grips, just until I can find another set of Uncle Mike’s.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List