Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: magguts for p365

magguts for p365

any experiences? what do you think about the magguts concept?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1184651
    Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    I have about 600 rounds through the Magguts +2 for the 10 rd and 12 rd mags. No issues so far. They are much easier to load. The +2 for the 12 round P365 mag (not XL) uses the existing sleeve and is the same dimension as the 12 rounder. The base plate has a little “pocket” of sorts that holds the extra rounds and is not very pronounced. The baseplate also locks up MUCH better than OEM. I have dropped these on concrete floors hundreds of times in dry fire and baseplate hasn’t moved. The feed lips have been cracked before anything happens to the baseplate....

I like the concept. Tried the MagGuts followers on my G42 in various combinations. They definitely add capacity. For example, with a Ghost +2 extension and MagGuts followers, a G42 mag will hold 9rds.

I found that, unfortunately, I started running into failure to feed issues. Usually it seemed to be JHPs, but also some FMJ feeding issues. The best I could tell, it seemed like maybe the feed angle was negatively affected in some way. Possibly the follower was tilting on feeding.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Bought two for the Shield earlier this week to test.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    I like the concept. Tried the MagGuts followers on my G42 in various combinations. They definitely add capacity. For example, with a Ghost +2 extension and MagGuts followers, a G42 mag will hold 9rds.

I found that, unfortunately, I started running into failure to feed issues. Usually it seemed to be JHPs, but also some FMJ feeding issues. The best I could tell, it seemed like maybe the feed angle was negatively affected in some way. Possibly the follower was tilting on feeding.
    Did you try the followers with the stock baseplates? I’ve always been hesitant to mess with these things, but...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Did you try the followers with the stock baseplates? I’ve always been hesitant to mess with these things, but...
    I tried a bunch of different configurations. The details are in this thread: MagGuts compatibility with an extended base plate

I do remember trying with the stock base plates, though from what I remember that extra round pretty much maxed out spring compression.

It appears I was off and never got any combo to 9 rounds in the mag. I should also state, looking at the construction of the P365 follower setup from them, it's totally different from the G42 offering, so my example may not even be relevant.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    I tried a bunch of different configurations. The details are in this thread: MagGuts compatibility with an extended base plate

I do remember trying with the stock base plates, though from what I remember that extra round pretty much maxed out spring compression.

It appears I was off and never got any combo to 9 rounds in the mag. I should also state, looking at the construction of the P365 follower setup from them, it's totally different from the G42 offering, so my example may not even be relevant.
    Thanks - I was curious about the 42...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Thanks - I was curious about the 42...
    I have them in my 365. No issues. 14 rounds in that little gun. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    Same experience here, working well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    Any updates on reliability?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

User Tag List