Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P320MAX

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    How about replacing a polymer lower with a metal lower:

https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-axg-ca...ip-module.html
    I think it’s something like 13.3oz vs 8.1oz with the infused polymer being heavier. AXG is a lightweight aluminum alloy I think?

I’m assuming @JCS is looking for a heavy gamer gun for CO division with this and wants to end up in the 45-55oz range for the competitive advantage that offers.

Or I’m way off base...
    Powered by Moderna

Quote Originally Posted by jbrimlow View Post
    I'm not GJM, but my big thing there would be are you happy with that dot? I'd prefer a bigger window (especially if it's a dedicated game gun).

I'd also prefer swapping out the legion slide for a standard x5 slide for more accuracy, but that's not really necessary and a lot more scratch. Just my $0.02.
    The link quoted is for a 4.7” pro slide with the tungsten grip. Not a legion one.

Other issues aside, I find the window size of the Romeo 1/Romeo 1 pro to be acceptable. It’s much closer in size to an SRO that an RMR, for example. You saying you find them wanting in that regard?

How about replacing a polymer lower with a metal lower:

https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-axg-ca...ip-module.html
    The AXG module, in addition to being a pretty different shape, is quite a bit lighter than the tungsten infused X5 grip. It also doesn’t accept the weights the X5 modules do unfortunately. It recoils/tracks more similarly to the original 320 grips, in my hands anyway.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    The AXG module, in addition to being a pretty different shape, is quite a bit lighter than the tungsten infused X5 grip. It also doesn’t accept the weights the X5 modules do unfortunately. It recoils/tracks more similarly to the original 320 grips, in my hands anyway.
    I actually want to try one since my grip is some what incompatible with the X frames. I tend to unintentionally activate the slide stop, locking the slide open in the middle of strings of fire. I don't get that with the original 320/m17 grip so I'm hoping the AXG grip will help.

I actually want to try one since my grip is some what incompatible with the X frames. I tend to unintentionally activate the slide stop, locking the slide open in the middle of strings of fire. I don't get that with the original 320/m17 grip so I'm hoping the AXG grip will help.

I don’t have an issue activating the slide stop with my grip so I can’t help with any feedback in that regard. I bought one hoping to find an analogue to the feel of a 226/229 (long time user). And the AXG largely fits the bill, from a grip angle standpoint especially. It has a bit thinner a profile though. I’ve been hoping they’ll offer different grip replacements but they haven’t as of yet. Only the alternate back straps.

I just bought an AXG Scorpion a few days ago. In comparing it to my P226 SAO Legion it actually feels heavier, although it isn't supposed to be. Maybe because the total package is physically smaller. I do find it much better balanced, top to bottom, than my X-Carry. I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    The link quoted is for a 4.7” pro slide with the tungsten grip. Not a legion one.

Other issues aside, I find the window size of the Romeo 1/Romeo 1 pro to be acceptable. It’s much closer in size to an SRO that an RMR, for example. You saying you find them wanting in that regard?
    Re: 4.7" barrel/pro slide, oops. Somehow in my head I got back to thinking about legion guns. Most of the obvious advantage is the heavy frame, so I think the 4.7" would be a fine way to start. You can always try the 5" barrel/x5 slide later, and you wouldn't have any trouble flipping it.

Re: Romeo 1 Pro, I just prefer the extra height of the R3Max/XL. For my gaming guns, I want the biggest window, and I think height is more important than width. Though if I can get both, that's better. Also, I know the Romeo3 Max/XL are very resistant to that "double dot" issue in the sun. This is very much a "best" vs "good enough" thing, so if the budget isn't there, that's fine. But I don't see a non-financial reason to skimp on the dot in CO. Unless maybe you wanted the gun to also get banged around as a duty rig or something.

I almost impulse bought a 320 Max today. The slide to frame fit felt like it was ball bearings it was so smooth it was amazing and the trigger was fantastic. I’d really like to shoot one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    I almost impulse bought a 320 Max today. The slide to frame fit felt like it was ball bearings it was so smooth it was amazing and the trigger was fantastic. I’d really like to shoot one.
    I would lean towards buying an AXG Pro (4.7 barrel) and adding LOK grips. The Legion slides have accuracy problems. You can remedy that with a legacy X5 slide but then you lose the slide direct milled for the R3 Max.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would lean towards buying an AXG Pro (4.7 barrel) and adding LOK grips. The Legion slides have accuracy problems. You can remedy that with a legacy X5 slide but then you lose the slide direct milled for the R3 Max.

You are breaking my heart here. I so want 4 Max slides so I can upgrade to the Max dots.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

User Tag List