Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P320MAX

P320MAX

Just posting it if anyone has any interest.

P320MAX FEATURES

★ TXG Tungsten Infused Heavy Grip Module
    ★ Custom Works slide with official Max Michel logo and custom serrations
    ★ ROMEO3MAX 6MOA optic direct-mounted to slide
    ★ 5” Match Grade Bull Barrel
    ★ Solid one-piece guide rod compatible with 1911 recoil springs
    ★ (4) 21rd Steel Magazines

"Developed in partnership with Team SIG Captain Max Michel, the P320MAX is a 9mm striker-fired pistol optimized for competition at the highest level, specifically in the popular Carry Optics division. It features a completely redesigned slide, with custom wrap-around serrations delivering maximum grip for both side and top manipulation. The pistol also comes standard with the ultra-wide field of view ROMEO3MAX optic with 6MOA red dot, and (4) 21rd steel magazines."

Site Supporter
    @GJM does the completely redesigned slide have anything to do with the accuracy issues reported with the Legion vs the standard X5 ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    @GJM does the completely redesigned slide have anything to do with the accuracy issues reported with the Legion vs the standard X5 ?
    I don’t believe so. The hot ticket would be all of the above but with an original X5 slide, cut for the R3 Max. My wife and a friend are setting their pistols up that way. Osage sells bare X5 slides.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I don't know offhand what striker fired handguns use a bushing so I suppose the bull barrel is just therefore heavier for purpose of heat dissipation or reduced recoil? It's interesting that the Sig web ad doesn't use the term "bull barrel". Yet another quirk of USPSA is the 4.2" maximum allowable bull barrel length in Single Stack. Bizarre?: you be the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don’t believe so. The hot ticket would be all of the above but with an original X5 slide, cut for the R3 Max. My wife and a friend are setting their pistols up that way. Osage sells bare X5 slides.
    Yep, this is exactly how I'd do it. My original X5 was *insanely* accurate, my Legions were hit or miss. Just no way I'd pay $1,700 for a glorified Legion that may or may not be accurate out of the box. I also couldn't care less about the front slide serrations on a competition gun.

My wife shot her #1 competition Legion today at 25 yards, freestyle, using her match ammo. Her group was four inches or so — within the head box of a USPSA target, but certainly not in the upper A box. She then shot the pistol she put together, which was identical except that it has an X5 slide instead of the Legion slide. Here is her group.

Name:  A0163BFB-5EF2-40B0-BB91-F5F4A4678338.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  47.6 KB

Whatever Sig did withnthe Legion uppers, it really screwed up what they had with the X5, which seemed to shoot everything darn well.

My wife shot her #1 competition Legion today at 25 yards, freestyle, using her match ammo. Her group was four inches or so — within the head box of a USPSA target, but certainly not in the upper A box. She then shot the pistol she put together, which was identical except that it has an X5 slide instead of the Legion slide. Here is her group.

Name:  A0163BFB-5EF2-40B0-BB91-F5F4A4678338.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  47.6 KB

Whatever Sig did withnthe Legion uppers, it really screwed up what they had with the X5, which seemed to shoot everything darn well.
    It’s a year later, is she still using/pleased with this combo?
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    It’s a year later, is she still using/pleased with this combo?
    She is using the following bits and pieces:

Heavy tungsten infused lower reshaped down to “small” dimensions with the beaver tail also reduced.

X5 upper with the Legion barrel (slide matters not barrel)

GGI adjustable over travel trigger with Armory Craft trigger shoe

Romeo 3 Max on a Springer plate

Springer extended paddle mag release

SSI tungsten grip weight

Springer tungsten guide with Sprinco 13 spring or OEM 14

She is using the following bits and pieces:

Heavy tungsten infused lower reshaped down to “small” dimensions with the beaver tail also reduced.

X5 upper with the Legion barrel (slide matters not barrel)

GGI adjustable over travel trigger with Armory Craft trigger shoe

Romeo 3 Max on a Springer plate

Springer extended paddle mag release

SSI tungsten grip weight

Springer tungsten guide with Sprinco 13 spring or OEM 14
    Thanks.
    It seems like a new P320Max would tend to check all the boxes. Do you have any experience with one?
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    Thanks.
    It seems like a new P320Max would tend to check all the boxes. Do you have any experience with one?
    The problem is the Legion slides shoot much larger groups than all the same parts with an X5 slide.

User Tag List