Page 93 of 117 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

As I have followed along with this thread I have also started doing three gun matches, and targets typically included in this particular club's CoFs kinda forced a transition to a simple Strike Eagle 1-6, at least for 64yo eyes (stuff like the occasional 6"-8" plate @ 160-190yds, even a bit helpful on bowling pins at 40-50yds). And the more I use it I am wondering if I was advising a newbie who wanted their first carbine if that might be something to just lead with. And a friend just bought a Brownells 1-6 MPO that was only $300 including a nice mount, so it would even be more economical. I am sure a RDO would be faster if a person was kicking doors, but if you are not doing warrant service you sure could cover a broad application with a 1-6x.

But this weekend I am going to shoot at a club, that doesn't have a 200yd range available, and I think I am going to take out one of my RDO rifles (maybe the one in 300BO), to gain some more experience (and at least expose it to the sunlight... ).

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    https://www.badgerordnance.com/c-o-m...-300-300b.html
    https://www.badgerordnance.com/condi...00-10-10b.html
    https://www.badgerordnance.com/condi...00-11-11b.html
    The C1 mount system is really popular so it's a bit tricky to find everything the same color in stock at the same time.
    I prefer Reptilia and 12 o clock, but for off to the side, C1 is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I prefer Reptilia and 12 o clock, but for off to the side, C1 is the way.
    I really like my Reptilia T1 mount, and their scope mount looks fantastic. It looks like Reptilia plans on offering similar J-Arm mounts in the future because they have a similar cutout for it, but reports are that Badger C1 accessories don't fit in it even though it looks the same. The thing that would keep me from going to the Reptilia scope mount is no 1.70 height option. Now that I've experienced Badger's 1.70 height C1 mount, no other mounts exist until they offer the same option. I say all of this specifically in the context of LPVO mounting.

LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

The thing that would keep me from going to the Reptilia scope mount is no 1.70 height option. Now that I've experienced Badger's 1.70 height C1 mount, no other mounts exist until they offer the same option. I say all of this specifically in the context of LPVO mounting.
    100% agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I really like my Reptilia T1 mount, and their scope mount looks fantastic. It looks like Reptilia plans on offering similar J-Arm mounts in the future because they have a similar cutout for it, but reports are that Badger C1 accessories don't fit in it even though it looks the same. The thing that would keep me from going to the Reptilia scope mount is no 1.70 height option. Now that I've experienced Badger's 1.70 height C1 mount, no other mounts exist until they offer the same option. I say all of this specifically in the context of LPVO mounting.
    I prefer 1.54 because I mount RDS at 12, and 1.54 keeps it lower while also being optimal for prone, etc.

Site Supporter
    1.70 is my preferred Goldilocks height as well. I’ve used everything from 1.50, 1.54, 1.70, 1.93, to Unity 2.26. 1.70 fits just right. I watched a video of an engineer from Badger that said they found the same conclusion during testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Maybe I missed it, but I don’t know how someone comes up with a review of a LPVO 1-8X without a discussion of the daylight brightness of the reticle on 1X. It’s especially bewildering when the pundit correctly notes that performance on 1X is the bread and butter of these optics, and then discusses every parameter of 1X performance EXCEPT the most important feature - red dot brightness.

It’s not just this guy who conveniently omits the elephant in the room on this optic. Mr. Gunsngear, MAC, etc. all gave glowing reviews of this optic’s performance without an analysis of daylight brightness on 1X. Interesting how they omit this important fact when giving rave reviews to this optic.

Unless you are OK with shooting on 1X looking through black crosshairs, this optic is at best a cost compromise to those who can’t afford the next level of optics that bring a red dot bright 1X to the table.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but I don’t know how someone comes up with a review of a LPVO 1-8X without a discussion of the daylight brightness of the reticle on 1X. It’s especially bewildering when the pundit correctly notes that performance on 1X is the bread and butter of these optics, and then discusses every parameter of 1X performance EXCEPT the most important feature - red dot brightness.

It’s not just this guy who conveniently omits the elephant in the room on this optic. Mr. Gunsngear, MAC, etc. all gave glowing reviews of this optic’s performance without an analysis of daylight brightness on 1X. Interesting how they omit this important fact when giving rave reviews to this optic.

Unless you are OK with shooting on 1X looking through black crosshairs, this optic is at best a cost compromise to those who can’t afford the next level of optics that bring a red dot bright 1X to the table.
    You're right in that they should talk about it.

The daylight bright thing is not even an issue for me. Up here in the high elevations, I prefer the contrast of a black reticle against the light colored objects as the intense sunlight nearly washes out the dot. Any daylight bright reticle that I have used, including a Steiner P4xi, is diminished because of this. Maybe it's because I have shot with open sights and reticles before daylight bright was a thing.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

I didn’t even watch the vid but was surprised by the title as that being the best for this specific issue. If they fixed that, maybe, but it’s not close enough to bright to be the absolute best for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List