Page 45 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I don't know if I'd condemn the Razor based on SCAR. As you note that gun is known to kill optics.

That's one thing about Leupold. Love them or hate them they do have a reputation for durability.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I've never been a big Leupold fan. They may be durable as I have two older models and they still work, but they always lack in features compared to the others.

I got into precision rifle shooting in the late 90s. My first decent scope was a Simmons 6-20 target model that was made in the Philippines. It wasn't a Leupold but it did what I needed. When I went to make the jump up to the next level, it was either Nightforce or Leupold. The Nighforce was heavier but had a lot more features for the buck so I went that route. On a heavy barreled rifle, a little more weight didn't matter to me.

Today Leupold has the MK 5HD line which is getting close but two friends have had them and sold them as they liked their Nightforce better.

For the general hunting crowd, Leupold is probably the right answer.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I realized I have a lot to learn about proper scope placement especially with an adjustable stock.

Is there a best practice for this? It just seems like I am nearly always in the wrong place. It makes me want to just put a fixed stock on.
    It seemed like everytime I picked up my carbine I farted around with the stock. I ended up switching to the Magpul fixed carbine stock. I added the little thicker pad and it seems just right for me (my arms are kinda short). They are cheap, so I just got four of them. And they do not rattle.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I've never been a big Leupold fan. They may be durable as I have two older models and they still work, but they always lack in features compared to the others.

I got into precision rifle shooting in the late 90s. My first decent scope was a Simmons 6-20 target model that was made in the Philippines. It wasn't a Leupold but it did what I needed. When I went to make the jump up to the next level, it was either Nightforce or Leupold. The Nighforce was heavier but had a lot more features for the buck so I went that route. On a heavy barreled rifle, a little more weight didn't matter to me.

Today Leupold has the MK 5HD line which is getting close but two friends have had them and sold them as they liked their Nightforce better.

For the general hunting crowd, Leupold is probably the right answer.

As I was just making a post on the Leupold MK5 HD line in the Supporting Business Forum Link, I will say that Leupold has made huge strides lately listening to their shooting team and customers. Team Leupold using the MK5 5-25 with the new PR2 reticle has been finishing very strong in the NRL/PRS national matches this year so they have been tracking true and optically it's about the best scope you can buy just under $2,000. The MK5 HD 3.6-18 is also an excellent option for either a hunting rig or on top of a precision gas gun when you are looking for more than 8-10x on the high end. Leupold, Nightforce, Vortex, Zero Compromise Optic, Tangent Theta all have excellent options available... Pick your budget, magnification range, features and reticle than try to narrow down which will fit for you. Now back to LPVO's

I've sold quite a few Razors Gen II and 3's and have not had any customers break any that I personally know of, but I've heard of some customers who have broken many durable scope they had from S&B to Nightforce lol
    Last edited by CS Tactical; 06-30-2021 at 02:49 PM.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    It seemed like everytime I picked up my carbine I farted around with the stock. I ended up switching to the Magpul fixed carbine stock. I added the little thicker pad and it seems just right for me (my arms are kinda short). They are cheap, so I just got four of them. And they do not rattle.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Okay thanks for that. I was looking at the Magpul Rifle length stock last night and forgot about the carbine one. At 12.2" LOP it sits right near where I run the shotgun and my usual red dot SBR and may be just the ticket. Plus no need to change to rifle tube and spring etc.

https://magpul.com/moe-fixed-carbine...obal_color=118

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Okay thanks for that.
    Glad I could help. I wished mine were a just a little longer so I also added these:
    https://magpul.com/prs-extended-rubb...obal_color=118

If a person is not adjusting for body armor I think they are a good solution.

Liberty Optics is doing nearly 25% off on the Vortex 1-10, add to cart to see. It's on backorder though. I'd be super tempted but really shouldn't given that I just blew like $1.8k on scopes and mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    Liberty Optics is doing nearly 25% off on the Vortex 1-10, add to cart to see. It's on backorder though. I'd be super tempted but really shouldn't given that I just blew like $1.8k on scopes and mounts.
    Best price I've ever seen on the Gen III or Gen II Razors, including some places with very aggressive military discounts. If those were in stock, I don't think I'd be able to resist. I miss my Razors.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Best price I've ever seen on the Gen III or Gen II Razors, including some places with very aggressive military discounts. If those were in stock, I don't think I'd be able to resist. I miss my Razors.
    We also provide Vortex's .gov pricing, and give us a call at 916-670-1103x2 and I'll see what I can do on the Vortex Gen 3 1-10 MRAD and Gen 2 1-6 MRAD that we currently have in stock
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Steiner drops a new version of the P4xi. Looks pretty much the same as the legacy model. I see a locking eyepiece adjustment has been added. Biggest change is the reticle.

https://cameralandny.com/shop/steine...iation=2997859

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Steiner drops a new version of the P4xi. Looks pretty much the same as the legacy model. I see a locking eyepiece adjustment has been added. Biggest change is the reticle.

https://cameralandny.com/shop/steine...iation=2997859

I'm sure a lot of folks won't, but I kinda like that green diamond.

I had an eotech with a diamond a long time ago and rather liked it
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List