Page 30 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    If you have used a Nightforce NX8 1-8 and you like that you will like the Vortex 1-10. It's almost exactly the same except the dot and segmented circle are a bit more translucent. I tried one but stuck with the NX8 because it's lighter and shorter than the Vortex and I don't need that extra 2x in the 8-10x range.

I ordered a Delta Stryker 1-6x this weekend. Decided to give it a try based off some of the things people at Sniper Hide and AR15.com were saying about it. It's being compared favorably to the Steiner 1-4x quality glass and brightness only it's a 1-6x so with the recent price increase in the Steiner I thought I'd try the Stryker.
    I really want to know your thoughts on the Stryker.

Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    I really want to know your thoughts on the Stryker.
    Fedex tried very very hard to lose the scope on me so it got delivered 3 days later than it should have been so I just got it yesterday. I bought it for a rifle I don't own yet so I haven't had a chance to actually shoot with it on a gun yet.

I am far from an expert but I'll do my best. Glass quality is really good; edge to edge looks good to me. There is no color shift that I can see and very little if any noticeable issues around the edge. If you were being very picky there is a very thin halo around the edge but the scope has to be in motion to really notice it. I am not the most critical on this aspect so I will admit I might be wrong. I don't have a Steiner here to compare it against but from memory it is on par with that in terms of glass quality. Eyebox is pretty good, there is a nice range even at 6x from where my head can still use the reticle.

Illumination is very bright but not like nuclear bright; could just be a battery but I think it would be useable in most daylight situations. (Arizona high noon mid summer might be an issue) Looking out my window at night it looks pretty good in low light, lets enough light in to use at night in a city anyway.

Reticle is weird it's a hash line then a dot then a hash etc. I didn't realize it had dots when I bought it. It's not a problem but it wasn't obvous to me before purchusing. It's not a Christmas tree but it has more marks lines and dots than you could ever use on a 5.56 rifle; I mean look at the bullet drop marks from the Strelok pic I attached it will let you reach out to 800 yards with the dots and hash lines.

It's good that the reticle is usable without fiddling with the the turrents because thes turrets have a bit of wobble to them which is kind of a bummer; they click into place when adjusting but there is some wiggle with them when stationary. I guess being capped I'll just set them and never touch it again and use the reticle for kentuchy windage. Zoom adjust lever is easy to turn and it comes with a little arm to make it easier. Zoom throw is 180 degrees from the 9 to 3 o'clock positions on a clock.

TLDR; This is for me the Steiner PX4 1-4 "killer." The Striker is the same size, same weight, same quality glass an even more usable reticle with a max 6x instead of a 4x but because Steiner raised the prices the Delta can be had at close to the same price (Dealer I got it from will cut you a good deal if you email) I don't see a point the PX4 anymore.

Delta Striker 1-6 reticle
    Name:  IMG_20210507_215545.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  26.8 KB

Steiner 1-4 reticle (I have no idea why Strelok shows the target as being larged in the 4x Steiner instead of the 6 Delta - I also have no idea what those grey numbers are... I don't know how to use Strelok very well)

Name:  IMG_20210507_215658.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  26.9 KB

Thanks that’s good info. I had a P4xi too.

The reticle is Mil based and I really like that as it makes it really easy for me to know my wind holds. And shooting movers.

Delta Striker 1-6 reticle
    Name:  IMG_20210507_215545.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  26.8 KB
    I have the Strelok app but don't seem to have the Delta reticle as an option. Which version of the app do you have?

Also which dealer did you buy the scope from?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I ordered a Delta Stryker 1-6x this weekend. Decided to give it a try based off some of the things people at Sniper Hide and AR15.com were saying about it. It's being compared favorably to the Steiner 1-4x quality glass and brightness only it's a 1-6x so with the recent price increase in the Steiner I thought I'd try the Stryker.
    TLDR; This is for me the Steiner PX4 1-4 "killer." The Striker is the same size, same weight, same quality glass an even more usable reticle with a max 6x instead of a 4x but because Steiner raised the prices the Delta can be had at close to the same price (Dealer I got it from will cut you a good deal if you email) I don't see a point the PX4 anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Wondering same thing. Googling does t seem to turn up much in the way of dealers and pricing.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I know Ilya Koshkin really likes the Delta Stryker and think's its the best LPVO for <$1k. I considered buying one but don't really have any need for more scopes.

I have the Strelok app but don't seem to have the Delta reticle as an option. Which version of the app do you have?

It's the Android version, I have auto update on so it's whatever the latest is. It's listed as "DSMR, Stryker HD 1-6x24, Delta"

Name:  Screenshot_20210509-093951.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  19.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Wondering same thing. Googling does t seem to turn up much in the way of dealers and pricing.

Guys at Sniper Hide told me to order from here and email them and that's what I did.
    http://darnfineshot.com/deopsthd130t.html

It's the Android version, I have auto update on so it's whatever the latest is.
    Got it though the play store then? I bought the Pro version through Galaxy store and have the latest (April) version available through that resource.

Got it though the play store then? I bought the Pro version through Galaxy store and have the latest (April) version available through that resource.

It’s on my Apple version.

Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    It’s on my Apple version.
    The latest version appears to be 5.4 but only 5.3.7 appears through Galaxy.

User Tag List