Page 107 of 117 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1167

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    The more I shoot with my 3x PA micro prism the more I'm thinking about switching over all my optics to them. Including my 2.5-10 on my spr and rds on my carbines.
    I have several, and like them except for their crap capacity for accepting flip ups which I consider essential. You can mount a front one if you use the PA killflash, but the commonly available Butler Creek ones are a poor fit.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Possibly. I have messed a little with the concept before, and should again. But I’m more interested with keeping things 1x until magnification is needed, and that’s not a RDS + magnifier’s strength.

That’s what I’m doing right now. The jury is still out, it may end up where I originally intended - on my LaRue 16” carbine replacing a PA 3x prism. That prism would be good on the 12” except for something I really hate - no good lens cover solution. Everything I’ve tried has been a kludge.
    @HeavyDuty

Do they make a Scopecoat for them? Would an Aimpoint version work?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    @HeavyDuty

Do they make a Scopecoat for them? Would an Aimpoint version work?
    I’m not a fan of Scopecoats for anything other than protection in the safe.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have several, and like them except for their crap capacity for accepting flip ups which I consider essential. You can mount a front one if you use the PA killflash, but the commonly available Butler Creek ones are a poor fit.
    I assume what you have is one of these:
    https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...8-reticle-yard

I saw that they offer this:
    https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...cqb-m2-reticle

....but that is way heavier than the other, and it has a funkier reticle.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I assume what you have is one of these:
    https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...8-reticle-yard

I saw that they offer this:
    https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...cqb-m2-reticle

....but that is way heavier than the other, and it has a funkier reticle.
    Yes, I actually have two of the first ones and like them very much. To be honest, if I could find a good front flip-up I’d be satisfied. I need to sit down with one and some magnification to see if there is a rear thread I can utilize, the front is already threaded.

When I contacted PA a few months back to suggest they provide a flip cap solution, they couldn’t have cared less. I probably should reach out directly to Marshall.
    Ken

I just ordered one of the PA 3X Micro Prism optics with the 7.62x39/300Blk reticle. I’m going to try it on a 7.62x39 AR.

Midway is having a sale on Bushnell 4500 scopes

I'm not a big fan of duplex reticles but that is a great price for HD glass.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
    I just ordered one of the PA 3X Micro Prism optics with the 7.62x39/300Blk reticle. I’m going to try it on a 7.62x39 AR.
    I mounted PA 3X this morning and took it to the range this afternoon to zero. No problems, I like the optic and it seems like a good option for the 7.62x39 cartridge, since at a distance where I’d really want more than 3X, I’d be reaching for a different cartridge.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Delta Stryker 1-10

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    $600??? vs $50 for a switch view lever? No thanks. I don't find myself spending that much time changing magnification during a stage. My LPVOs live on 1x, and get bumped up only for shots beyond 75ish yards. I see LOTS of inadvertent magnification changes happing with rapid movement.
    It’s basically a mounting system with a price point like a Scalarworks. I’m keen enough to experiment with it.

Name:  IMG_4833.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  74.5 KB

User Tag List