Page 103 of 117 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1167

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I have a Razor 1-6 on a 11.5" SBR and I am happy with it.
    Not just Neph as I had same on my 11.5” for sev. yrs before selling the Razer & now using a T2 that may get a magnifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I have a Razor 1-6 on a 11.5" SBR and I am happy with it.
    HD said that weight is a concern. I like the Razor, when they are on sale, but weigh almost double the Leupold.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Just for grins - is there a downside to that SPR reticle in the Leupold?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Just for grins - is there a downside to that SPR reticle in the Leupold?
    It looks to me like the distance between subtension lines is 2.5 mils. Kind of an oddity when the first line puts you at almost 400 yards. Why bother.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    HD said that weight is a concern. I like the Razor, when they are on sale, but weigh almost double the Leupold.
    I missed the part about weight being a concern and agree that the Vortex becomes less practical at roughly 21oz without a mount. Since weight is important, the Steiner seems to be a great compromise at 17oz which is roughly 3 more oz than the FireDot 1.5-4X Leupy. I’d eat that 3oz to have the Steiner’s 1X clarity and slightly more robust construction (maybe).

FWIW, I have one of the 1.5-4X FireDots on this AUG:
    Name:  Steyr AUG A3 M! FDE 2.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  33.6 KB

It is a good scope that is reasonably fast at 1.5X, and would be a fine patrol rifle that isn’t spending a lot of time being tossed around by a crayon eater.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    It looks to me like the distance between subtension lines is 2.5 mils. Kind of an oddity when the first line puts you at almost 400 yards. Why bother.
    Makes sense. This is where my inexperience with magnified optics shows. Thanks!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I trotted out the P4Xi G1, I think this is the one. (Plus it’s the budget friendly option given that I already own it.) It’s definitely daylight bright, is a little porky at 17 oz but I think it will do.

I just ordered an Aero mount.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    YMMV but I won’t touch an LPVO that isn’t regarded as about as close to 1x as possible. I don’t think there’s a single Leupy regarded as such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mk. 6.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Pardon my ignorance, but why is there such a burning desire for a "daylight bright" dot coupled with an etched reticle? If it's high noon, one should be able to see the reticle just fine, so why the need to see the illuminated dot, too? I know that I don't know what I don't know, hence the question.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Mk. 6.
    I assumed if there was one, it’d be that based on its reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but why is there such a burning desire for a "daylight bright" dot coupled with an etched reticle? If it's high noon, one should be able to see the reticle just fine, so why the need to see the illuminated dot, too? I know that I don't know what I don't know, hence the question.
    For me, it’s speed. Yes I can use a bold etched reticle without illum but it’s never as fast. I like very bright dots, like killing T2s in less than a year bright, to really be at my fastest.

Plus, unlike the reticle, you can adjust brightness. A reticle that works without illum has to be very thick IMO, and you just can’t make it less thick so it can be very cluttered feeling and lead to obscuring your picture. With something like the Razor 1-6 JM-1 reticle however, there’s very minimal clutter in the design itself so I can see everything through the scope quite well. The dot gets stupid bright when I need it to though, so I’m not lacking on speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List