Page 113 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1167

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    The Razor line is built in Japan at LOW to a pretty good standard. They have other lines built in China to who knows what. One shop I deal with quit carrying Vortex products because most of his customers wouldn’t spring for the Razor line and the warranty rate on the cheaper scopes took up way too much of his time.

PST Gen 2's come from the Philippines
    Razor line from LOW factory in Japan
    AMG's from the United States

Most of the sub $600 or so lineup is from China
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Vortex has announced a new 1-6x24. This one in the Venom family.

Price is pretty darned cheap. I assume it will compare well with the similarly priced SIG MSR 1-6x24.

I kind of like the reticle just going off pics. I'd like to see something like it used in the Viper and Razor.

https://www.sportoptics.com/venom-1-...-ven-1601.html

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

A Sport Optics video on the new 3-15 and 1-6:

While I'm glad to see Vortex introducing more budget options I'd also like to see some updates to existing scopes. I'm sure the market as a whole would welcome a new reticle in the 1-6 Razor. I think there's also a market for a 1-8 Viper. Something that’s similar in features to the Razor 1-10 but that isn't close to $2000 in price.

A 1-8 Viper might kill off sales of the 1-6 Viper. But would that be a bad thing?

And one more.

Trijicon has two 1-10 options now in the Credo line.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...on-2024-credo/

Site Supporter
    I like the Venom line for a budget scope. Looks like they're wanting some of that Primary Arms marketshare, though the only appreciable difference between them and the Strike Eagle (on the 1-6 at least) appears to be 1/2 MOA adjustments on the Venom and 1/4 MOA adjustment on the SE. Overall, I think they'd make decent casual use scopes. About my only gripe is that I wish these more entry level scopes would go to a standard MOA/MIL reticle instead of the BDC ones they all seem to have.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    I like the Venom line for a budget scope. Looks like they're wanting some of that Primary Arms marketshare, though the only appreciable difference between them and the Strike Eagle (on the 1-6 at least) appears to be 1/2 MOA adjustments on the Venom and 1/4 MOA adjustment on the SE. Overall, I think they'd make decent casual use scopes. About my only gripe is that I wish these more entry level scopes would go to a standard MOA/MIL reticle instead of the BDC ones they all seem to have.
    Question for me is how the glass compares to the Strike Eagle and PA's. Same reticle as the gen 2 SE

I get a strong sense that the Strike Eagle 1-6 is getting discontinued and the 1-8 will be the sole LPVO in the Strike Eagle family.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Trijicon has two 1-10 options now in the Credo line.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...on-2024-credo/

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...x-riflescopes/

User Tag List