Page 104 of 117 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1167

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

If anyone cares, EuroOptic still has the Steiner G1 for $469.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but why is there such a burning desire for a "daylight bright" dot coupled with an etched reticle? If it's high noon, one should be able to see the reticle just fine, so why the need to see the illuminated dot, too? I know that I don't know what I don't know, hence the question.
    Yeah, like @Wake27 said. A daylight bright dot is especially important if the etched reticle is complicated, like the one on my Mk.6.

Name:  11066776_03_leupold_mk6_1_6_ffp_lpvo_scope_640.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  30.3 KB
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but why is there such a burning desire for a "daylight bright" dot coupled with an etched reticle? If it's high noon, one should be able to see the reticle just fine, so why the need to see the illuminated dot, too? I know that I don't know what I don't know, hence the question.
    Agree again with @Wake27. A daylight visible red dot is much faster to acquire than an etched reticle that lacks illumination. This is especially true when it comes to low light conditions and dark targets. This is why there are no popular non-illuminated etched reticles, and even ACOGs have fiberoptic and tritium illumination.

Bright dots on 1X allow thin reticle lines in a FFP scope make for a more functional sight picture at higher magnification since the reticle enlarges with the sight picture as magnification increases.

I have firsthand experience with the following scopes that are absolutely daylight bright even in bright sunlight: S&B 1-8X, NF 1-8X NX8, NF 1-8X ATACR, Leupold 1.5-4X FD, Vortex Razor Gen II and III, Swarovski Z6i, Elcan Specter DR

The following are mostly daylight bright but may not seem fully illuminated under very bright conditions or with slight changes in head position: Trijicon VCOG 1-6X and 1-8X, Leupold MK6 1-6X (early iterations seemed to flicker with head mvmt), Trijicon Credo.

The following are not daylight visible under bright conditions: NF 1-4x NXS, Trijicon Accupoint and Accupower 1-4X.

There may be other options such as the Steiner, Sig, Eotech, etc. However, what I’ve listed are scopes that I’ve either owned or been issued over the years.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I appreciate the responses, gentlemen. Learning has occurred.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yeah, like @Wake27 said. A daylight bright dot is especially important if the etched reticle is complicated, like the one on my Mk.6.

Name:  11066776_03_leupold_mk6_1_6_ffp_lpvo_scope_640.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  30.3 KB
    I have the same MK6 on a LMT MWS that I put together way back in 2013 and while heavy, that bitch can shoot.

While I think that NF has been my favorite scope maker for some time, I commend Leupold at getting out in front of the magnification race beyond 4X over a decade ago with their MK6 and MK8 scopes. While not perfect, they are incredibly well built and rather cutting edge when introduced since the only other option was the SB 1-8X (que Dr. Evil "For 1 Billion Dollars") and Swarovski. Companies like NF, US Optics, Trijicon, etc. were stuck in 1-4X mode and most of those were not daylight bright or not true 1X.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I stumbled across this video today and didn't know if it had been posted

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FIXfCa...ture=emb_title
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I stumbled across this video today and didn't know if it had been posted

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FIXfCa...ture=emb_title
    Thanks for sharing that video!
    Solid in depth review, I watched the whole Battle Royale Comparison. He ranked them as follows;
    1. S&B
    2. Kahles
    3. March
    4. NF
    5. Vortex
    6. Leupold

I might have 5 and 6 mixed up. The S&B is expensive!!!

I’m trying the Steiner P4Xi in Reptilia mount on that new LaRue 12” upper, and while I think it will work I really wish I could find a more compact and lightweight 1-3x or 1-4x instead. I’m really beginning to think that Leupold Mark 3HD 1.5-4 might be worth investigating for this specific use case.

I need to find a goat to sacrifice so I can manifest a super compact, daylight bright 1-3x. It may actually take sacrificing a unicorn.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

I need to find a goat to sacrifice so I can manifest a super compact, daylight bright 1-3x. It may actually take sacrificing a unicorn.
    Sounds an awful lot like a micro red dot with a magnifier....

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m trying the Steiner P4Xi in Reptilia mount on that new LaRue 12” upper, and while I think it will work I really wish I could find a more compact and lightweight 1-3x or 1-4x instead. I’m really beginning to think that Leupold Mark 3HD 1.5-4 might be worth investigating for this specific use case.

Try the Steiner. It isn't all that bulky or heavy.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List