Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1167

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I'm a current PLX-C owner. I have mixed feelings on the new Nova reticle.

It'll probably be a baller Razor-like 1x scope. But it's weakness is how tight and dark it gets above 7x. I'm not sure I'd want a SFP reticle with that scope since I don't particularly like to use it at max power.

I really wish they put a simpler and cleaner reticle in the FFP version
    I'd agree, or keep it 1-6. 1-8 SFP always seemed a bit odd to me.

Site Supporter
    Leupold has a 1-4.5 in their new MK4HD line: https://www.leupold.com/mark-4hd-1-4...um-firedot-bdc

I'm a current PLX-C owner. I have mixed feelings on the new Nova reticle.

It'll probably be a baller Razor-like 1x scope. But it's weakness is how tight and dark it gets above 7x. I'm not sure I'd want a SFP reticle with that scope since I don't particularly like to use it at max power.

I really wish they put a simpler and cleaner reticle in the FFP version
    I thought people generally liked the Nova reticle?

At just over 16 ounces and then 10 inches long this should be a good option for those wanting a daylight bright 1x and also something with more horsepower. Granted a 1-6 with the P series glass and similar size/weight specs would have been fine.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Leupold has a 1-4.5 in their new MK4HD line: https://www.leupold.com/mark-4hd-1-4...um-firedot-bdc
    At post #1132 we start talking a bit about this new scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I thought people generally liked the Nova reticle?

At just over 16 ounces and then 10 inches long this should be a good option for those wanting a daylight bright 1x and also something with more horsepower. Granted a 1-6 with the P series glass and similar size/weight specs would have been fine.

The Nova reticle itself is fine, I just don't think the PLX-C is a good candidate for SFP. I'd much rather see it as a 1-6x

The Nova reticle itself is fine, I just don't think the PLX-C is a good candidate for SFP. I'd much rather see it as a 1-6x
    Initial SHOT reviews are, not surprisingly, quite good. The 1x imagine is supposed to be very flat and true. The illumination is bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I'd agree, or keep it 1-6. 1-8 SFP always seemed a bit odd to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Initial SHOT reviews are, not surprisingly, quite good. The 1x imagine is supposed to be very flat and true. The illumination is bright.

I thought about this a little more and am curious what the price point will be, if different from the current offering. Having a 1-8 SFP feels weird to me but I think running 8x out of a 10x scope makes sense so obviously the same could be done with 6x on a 8x top end optic. The only reason I ditched the PLX 1-8 was because of the dimness and a little bit of the reticle being a bit overwhelming. The more I think about it, there’s a good chance I’ll get one of the 1-8 SFP Novas.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I thought about this a little more and am curious what the price point will be, if different from the current offering. Having a 1-8 SFP feels weird to me but I think running 8x out of a 10x scope makes sense so obviously the same could be done with 6x on a 8x top end optic. The only reason I ditched the PLX 1-8 was because of the dimness and a little bit of the reticle being a bit overwhelming. The more I think about it, there’s a good chance I’ll get one of the 1-8 SFP Novas.
    I believe they said same price as current.

It'll be a great 1x optic. It'll be harder to use at distance with the tight eye box and reduced image quality at 8x. I generally only turn mine up to 6x unless I have a rock solid position and it's a bright sunny day.

User Tag List