Page 89 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    I bought one a few months ago and have been using it on a 16” AR. I thought it would be mids because of the reticle, but I really like it. The center dot gives a small enough aiming point when at full magnification for pretty good accuracy. I would say it’s a good option for someone that mostly wants a red dot with the ability to go out further and doesn’t want a red dot and magnifier. I liked it enough to buy a 2nd last week when they came back in stock.

FWIW, it actually weighs 24 oz, not the listed 16 or 17. The scope and mount combo weighs a bit over 31 oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How is the glass clarity? Being that it is made in Japan, I didn't know if it had better glass than some of the Chinese offerings in that price range.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    How is the glass clarity? Being that it is made in Japan, I didn't know if it had better glass than some of the Chinese offerings in that price range.
    IMO, it’s closer to the glass in my trijicon credo than the Primary Arms 1-6 I had a few years ago. On par or slightly better than the SWFA 1-4 I used for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

9 Hole disses the EO Tech 1-6:

Another offering from Delta, the Hornet. 1-6X, BDC reticle, mil knobs, $350, Made in the Philippines, and is being compared to the Burris RT-6.

I recently picked up a Vortex Razor Gen II 1-6x. To my eyes, it doesn't look like a true 1x on the lowest setting. Maybe 1.1x or 1.2x. Anyone else notice this?

As far as I can tell, it is 1X… it's just 1x from the perspective of the front optical element. That can cause some strange effects depending on whether how close objects are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I recently picked up a Vortex Razor Gen II 1-6x. To my eyes, it doesn't look like a true 1x on the lowest setting. Maybe 1.1x or 1.2x. Anyone else notice this?
    First LPVO? Did you set the diopter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    First LPVO? Did you set the diopter?
    Not my first, but the first "semi-decent" quality one that I've had. And yes, adjusted the diopter.

Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    As far as I can tell, it is 1X… it's just 1x from the perspective of the front optical element. That can cause some strange effects depending on whether how close objects are.
    I've only looked across the room though it. I'll get it to the range this weekend and see how it looks at longer distances.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Not my first, but the first "semi-decent" quality one that I've had. And yes, adjusted the diopter.

I've only looked across the room though it. I'll get it to the range this weekend and see how it looks at longer distances.
    Very short ranges, like across a room, will never look right. Part of it is the distance of the objective lense from your eye on relation to the target. Try looking at objects 15+ yards away. Also adjust your diopter at that 15 yard distance

Has anyone seen a video online of the slide pump on the handguard that moves the zoom lever on the LPVO? A friend texted me a grainy video but I was hoping to find a better version online.

User Tag List