Page 88 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

The NX8 with FC-DMX reticle is the LPVO I was leaning towards for my first one until I stumbled upon a Razor Gen II HD-E for $1k. The newer NX8 version fixed two major complaints most people seemed to have about the original models, namely the exposed elevation turret and the original reticle being too thick.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    The newer NX8 version fixed two major complaints most people seemed to have about the original models, namely the exposed elevation turret and the original reticle being too thick.
    Yeah, I can understand why people complain about the reticle and uncapped turret, but I think it was meant for a different application than what everyone supposed. The FC-MIL reticle I have is very easy to use and the center is quick to pick up. For precision or zero at 100 yards, I use the 2-mil cross-mark and have my zero stop set to +2 mils. That also lets me use speed drop up to 550 yards or so. I'm probably one of the weird ones that wouldn't mind the FC-DMx reticle and uncapped elevation turret.

Name:  8A7DAD6A-CB28-4A24-B19E-15E07AEA9F05.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  22.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Yeah, I can understand why people complain about the reticle and uncapped turret, but I think it was meant for a different application than what everyone supposed. The FC-MIL reticle I have is very easy to use and the center is quick to pick up. For precision or zero at 100 yards, I use the 2-mil cross-mark and have my zero stop set to +2 mils. That also lets me use speed drop up to 550 yards or so. I'm probably one of the weird ones that wouldn't mind the FC-DMx reticle and uncapped elevation turret.

I think we are all a little weird in that each of us have different needs. The uncapped turret has been addressed by a couple of manufactures by offering both in the same product. You choose a little ring to put in place of the cap if that is how you want it. The exposed locking turret is a good alternative as well.

The future is a digital reticle that can be changed for different preferences/applications.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

This is a tangent, but I’m really getting pissed at Eurooptic’s shipping policies. They require a signature and won’t allow packages to be redirected to a UPS depot or store, even if you purposely don’t require insurance to avoid signature - even when you’re an established customer. They annoyed me last time, and they annoyed me now. I’m half tempted to have UPS send it back.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post

The uncapped turret doesn't bother me if it's anything like my NXS compact. I've run litteral hundreds of miles through races with obstacle courses with that scope bouncing on my back. I've never had the elevation or windage turrets budge on me.

The illumination knob HAS turened on me, but it has weak detents.

That reticle is a turnoff though

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    This is a tangent, but I’m really getting pissed at Eurooptic’s shipping policies. They require a signature and won’t allow packages to be redirected to a UPS depot or store, even if you purposely don’t require insurance to avoid signature - even when you’re an established customer. They annoyed me last time, and they annoyed me now. I’m half tempted to have UPS send it back.
    Send them an email bitching about it. I did last time they pulled that on me and they redirected the package to the local UPS depot, where I was able to pick it up.
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Send them an email bitching about it. I did last time they pulled that on me and they redirected the package to the local UPS depot, where I was able to pick it up.

Yeah, I've called and or emailed them more than once regarding this and they've been more than happy to change things so that it could be held at the local UPS hub.

Not sure if there's a way you can tell them when you actually place the order of that and they would do it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Yeah, I've called and or emailed them more than once regarding this and they've been more than happy to change things so that it could be held at the local UPS hub.

Not sure if there's a way you can tell them when you actually place the order of that and they would do it or not.
    I asked them this morning about the local UPS Store, and without asking they changed it to the local UPS depot - which is a drive and only has pickup from 7:30 PM until 8 PM. I’m about to just refuse the fricking shipment.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Another decent video from Superset:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    What is the consensus on the Brownells MPO 1-6?

Brownells currently has them on sale for $299

Seems like a good deal on a Japanese made optic if you can get past that reticle.
    I bought one a few months ago and have been using it on a 16” AR. I thought it would be mids because of the reticle, but I really like it. The center dot gives a small enough aiming point when at full magnification for pretty good accuracy. I would say it’s a good option for someone that mostly wants a red dot with the ability to go out further and doesn’t want a red dot and magnifier. I liked it enough to buy a 2nd last week when they came back in stock.

FWIW, it actually weighs 24 oz, not the listed 16 or 17. The scope and mount combo weighs a bit over 31 oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

User Tag List