Page 80 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    This may be pretty cool. I wonder if it will make it to market.

https://soldiersystems.net/2022/11/2...ics-1-10-lvpo/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I was told that optic predates the current 1-10 razor and if released commercially would cause some sticker shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    This may be pretty cool. I wonder if it will make it to market.

https://soldiersystems.net/2022/11/2...ics-1-10-lvpo/

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I like how compact that is.
    This AMG model (American made) is a 1-10x and is shorter than their Razor model. No details have been released by the company, let alone a public acknowledgement of its existence. However, I do know that it is 8.5″ in length, weighs about 18 oz, and offers daylight bright illumination with a great eye box.

That would be awesome if they pulled it off, typically shorter a tube translates to a tight eyebox.
    LET'S GO BRANDON!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I was told that optic predates the current 1-10 razor and if released commercially would cause some sticker shock.
    Need to catch up w/ a longtime amigo named Jerry as he may have feedback w/ this from his Bragg classes or @ Vortex.

From the blog:

I can attest that it does exist and is in service internationally with growing interest from others. I would suspect that eventually it will be offered commercially, but it will be expensive.

Accurate.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Updated thread title to reflect new year.

Seems like since the Razor 1-10 and a couple competitors came onto scene, not much big movement in this market. Given high price of the good 1-10 optics and the limited yield of the extra 4x mag on a 5.56 carbine, it seems like the Razor IIE seems to still reign supreme in this market. The new SIG Tango selected by the military looks nice but is approx 50% more expensive and not clear it offers much over the Razor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Updated thread title to reflect new year.

Seems like since the Razor 1-10 and a couple competitors came onto scene, not much big movement in this market. Given high price of the good 1-10 optics and the limited yield of the extra 4x mag on a 5.56 carbine, it seems like the Razor IIE seems to still reign supreme in this market. The new SIG Tango selected by the military looks nice but is approx 50% more expensive and not clear it offers much over the Razor.
    The Primary Arms PLX-C is still the most appealing or interesting to me... But not enough to drop the cash on it.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    The Primary Arms PLX-C is still the most appealing or interesting to me... But not enough to drop the cash on it.
    How is the illumination on these ? My concern with FFP is that it kills the ability of illum to function like daylight bright red dot

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    How is the illumination on these ? My concern with FFP is that it kills the ability of illum to function like daylight bright red dot
    It’s lacking but useable. Daylight red as some have called it. I think the reticle is big enough that it won’t be a major issue for the scope but I ditched mine pretty quickly mostly because I really like bright reticles and my Razor 1-10 had it.

If they could turn the brightness up a few more levels, I very well may pay closer to $1700 to try it again.

Keep in mind that PA does 12% off sales and bonus bucks all the time. I’d almost guarantee in the next month there will be an opportunity to get it at 12% off or 15% store credit back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List