Page 69 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Just realized I haven’t thrown a photo in this thread.

[.IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220611/d20cd4e7feac5c4a5707cc4dfa56f1da.jpg[/IMG]

I didn’t shoot the match with the bipod. I was tempted to use the can but Kentucky long rifle was just too much. If I had a QDC CQB, I would’ve. This will be the same setup I use for a 5k run n gun at the same club next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What will the distances be at the run and gun?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

LPVOs in 2021

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    What will the distances be at the run and gun?
    Rifle targets will range from 60 yards out to 600 yards. 6" or 8" round or diamond targets ranging from 60 to 90 yards. 10" round or diamond targets at 100 yards, 12" round or diamond at 200 yards, ABC aka BBC 12"X24" at 300 yards, 18"X22" at 400 yards, full size IPSC 18"X30 at 500 and 600 yards.

I need to do some prep before hand with my chrono and iStrelok. I shot the same match two years ago with the MOA 1-10 and a 12.5 barrel and it didn’t go well. I did nothing to prepare for that, like include chronoing or even shooting out to that distance first. I basically burned all of my time on the 500-600yd stage just trying to figure out my hold so I didn’t have a chance at a bunch of the further stuff. I’ll probably just use basic 55gr .223 for most of the stages but keep a mag or two of 77gr FGMM for the longer stuff. I want to chrono that from this gun, throw the data in iStrelok, and then see if I can print that image with the holds to tape to my stock. I don’t have confidence that I’ll remember my holds after running a mile or two and doing some obstacles in full kit.

Last edited by Wake27; 06-11-2022 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Rifle targets will range from 60 yards out to 600 yards. 6" or 8" round or diamond targets ranging from 60 to 90 yards. 10" round or diamond targets at 100 yards, 12" round or diamond at 200 yards, ABC aka BBC 12"X24" at 300 yards, 18"X22" at 400 yards, full size IPSC 18"X30 at 500 and 600 yards.

I need to do some prep before hand with my chrono and iStrelok. I shot the same match two years ago with the MOA 1-10 and a 12.5 barrel and it didn’t go well. I did nothing to prepare for that, like include chronoing or even shooting out to that distance first. I basically burned all of my time on the 500-600yd stage just trying to figure out my hold so I didn’t have a chance at a bunch of the further stuff. I’ll probably just use basic 55gr .223 for most of the stages but keep a mag or two of 77gr FGMM for the longer stuff. I want to chrono that from this gun, throw the data in iStrelok, and then see if I can print that image with the holds to tape to my stock. I don’t have confidence that I’ll remember my holds after running a mile or two and doing some obstacles in full kit.

I would recommend zeroing with the 77 if that is what you are going to shoot at the longer targets, or at least shooting to see the difference in POI. I see a difference of 1.5" between the two at 100 with my 16" carbine.

LPVOs in 2021

Just in case anyone is curious, this is what I got after chronoing today. It’s stupid windy here during the summer and was at over 7k feet ASL. Average velocity from my 14.5 BCM BFH ELW with 77gr FGMM .223 was 2476 fps unsuppressed.

This one goes to 12

I don't have an AR but I have a Ruger mini that shoots 2 MOA. I have a 1-4x on that rifle for a few reasons. It isn't a precision bolt rile (I have one of those with 4-12X) and about the longest range I'll ever shoot with it will be 220 yds. A quality 4X scope gives me great field of view and clarity at that range. I'm a proponent of 2 x for every 100 yards. That's probably old school but I'd rather have clear optics and field of view than magnification.

I know, I'm a dinosaur and marketing dollars are wasted on me.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

A good quick read from Jason Wuestenberg, retired Phoenix Police Sargeant.

https://www.police1.com/police-train...515bc-83973760

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I don't have an AR but I have a Ruger mini that shoots 2 MOA. I have a 1-4x on that rifle for a few reasons. It isn't a precision bolt rile (I have one of those with 4-12X) and about the longest range I'll ever shoot with it will be 220 yds. A quality 4X scope gives me great field of view and clarity at that range. I'm a proponent of 2 x for every 100 yards. That's probably old school but I'd rather have clear optics and field of view than magnification.

I know, I'm a dinosaur and marketing dollars are wasted on me.
    Everyone has their limit. I felt underglassed with 8.5X when looking at a coyote at 400 yards. A 1-20 would have been nice to have that day

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    This one goes to 12

I see what you did there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMSV4OteqBE

A couple versions of the VUDU 1-10 in stock at scopelist.com

https://www.scopelist.com/eotech-vud...-red-dots-2022

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List