Page 55 of 117 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Although if someone isn't a grown-up, the Razor is probably pretty good at $900.

Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24 JM-1 BDC Riflescope RZR-16003
    https://www.eurooptic.com/vortex-raz...iflescope.aspx
    That's a good value.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I've run LaRue, ADM, Nightforce, Burris, JP, and most recently Scalarworks mounts.

I really like the Scalarworks. Slick mounting system, and is nice and slim.
    Based on info here and some other references, recently picked up the Delta Stryker 1x6 that was mentioned earlier in the thread, along with the Scalarworks mount. Love the mount's self leveling feature, really low weight and the pivoting mounting brackets. Pricey, but really well thought out design.

Also, I'm faaaaaar from an expert, but loving the Delta too. Eye relief is a touch longer than expected, forcing the scope to pushed out as far forward as possible. The dot brightness is right there with my Aimpoint C3. By far, the most expensive scope I've purchased, and the optical clarity is definitely a step above anything purchased previously. Considered the Razor, but low weight was a priority. My buddy has a Razor. Very similar in capability, however the Razor does have a slightly better eyebox, but more weight and costs more.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    That's a good value.
    That's a screaming deal. To be honest I am struggling to not pull the trigger on it myself, but just sent off another slide for milling + snagged an Eotech XPS 2-0 used on ARFcom last night, so gun funds are tapped out. Somebody should buy that for me...

Speaking of LPVOs, plan may be to trial a magnifier with this eotech I just grabbed, eventually anyway. It's destined for my bullet hose SBR so not the most obvious candidate rifle but may upgrade the upper down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    That's a screaming deal. To be honest I am struggling to not pull the trigger on it myself, but just sent off another slide for milling + snagged an Eotech XPS 2-0 used on ARFcom last night, so gun funds are tapped out. Somebody should buy that for me...

Don't go overboard just yet

They are considered old tech at this point. The lighter E model, pressure from competition, and higher magnification 1-8 and 1-10X models are killing the value of the 1-6. I'm seeing a ton of used 1-6X Razors out there and soon they will be available in the $600-700 range.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Don't go overboard just yet

They are considered old tech at this point. The lighter E model, pressure from competition, and higher magnification 1-8 and 1-10X models are killing the value of the 1-6. I'm seeing a ton of used 1-6X Razors out there and soon they will be available in the $600-700 range.
    Ahh, I didn't notice it wasn't an E model. Still a great deal.

Cowan again:

https://youtu.be/eLeJrqzjqsA

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    there are better options available than either of those. For that purpose, I'd strongly suggest something with a SFP reticle instead of FFP. If you are comfortable with the price of the NX8 and you are concerned with weight, I'd suggest the Kahles K16i or K18i if you want 8x and can spend more. If you want to save a little money and are ok with a few more ounces, get the Razor 1-6.
    Looking at the Kahles 16s and 18s... How do they stack up, durablity-wise? I've had two Vortex red dots shit the bed. That was out of their cheaper product line, but it did kind of sour me on the brand.

The stiff adjustments and heavy weight of the atacr are something I'd overlook if it gets me closer to aimpoint-level durability. I've seen a stack of racked carbines turn into a pile of carbines on a few occasions because the wind picked up or someone got clumsy. Peace of mind that it's sufficiently durable that I don't need to worry about checking zero afterwards (or mid match...) is in the "really nice to have" category.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Cowan again:

https://youtu.be/eLeJrqzjqsA

Good video and on another note if anyone is looking for a mint display Vortex Razor Gen III MRAD we have one for $1,700.00 here.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Looking at the Kahles 16s and 18s... How do they stack up, durablity-wise? I've had two Vortex red dots shit the bed. That was out of their cheaper product line, but it did kind of sour me on the brand.

The stiff adjustments and heavy weight of the atacr are something I'd overlook if it gets me closer to aimpoint-level durability. I've seen a stack of racked carbines turn into a pile of carbines on a few occasions because the wind picked up or someone got clumsy. Peace of mind that it's sufficiently durable that I don't need to worry about checking zero afterwards (or mid match...) is in the "really nice to have" category.
    I don't think you can compare the low end Vortex stuff to the Razor line. I'd also say in that scenario the mount you choose will impact the ability to hold zero as much as the optic.

I've never had issues with any of the Kahles optics I've had, but I'm not hard on my stuff. I've seen maybe two or three reports of issues with one online, but no company is perfect so that wouldn't scare me off. I do think the Razor gen II may have an edge in robustness and warranty though, so if that is a primary concern that may be a better option.

I haven't seen this review linked yet. Pretty decent overview of the Stryker 1-6x24

User Tag List