Page 46 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

dupe
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm sure a lot of folks won't, but I kinda like that green diamond.

I had an eotech with a diamond a long time ago and rather liked it
    The Steiner diamond is designed to measure an 18" target at 200 meters across the center. There are vertical stadia lines at 2, 3 and 4 mil that also reference 18"

Adjustments on the 5204 are noted as .1 mil per click. They are ½" on the 5202.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    An unboxing on the Delta 1-6 on C_Does youtube channel. The full review will likely come later but this will give you a better idea on the optic than I could have given.

I have been looking at one of these as the price point is closer to a PST II but the optic is made by LOW Japan, making the glass on par with a 1-6 Razor.

Who has personal experience with one?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I have been looking at one of these as the price point is closer to a PST II but the optic is made by LOW Japan, making the glass on par with a 1-6 Razor.

Who has personal experience with one?
    I have one and I payed about it here a few pages back. I would recommend it highly. Basically imagine a Steiner px4 but it's a 1-6 and you'll know what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I have one and I payed about it here a few pages back. I would recommend it highly. Basically imagine a Steiner px4 but it's a 1-6 and you'll know what to expect.
    I missed that page

I've never seen the PX4 in the wild. Around here it seems like everyone is running Vortex, Leupold, or something cheap from China.

The two LPVOs that I am currently running are an old 1-4X Razor, which has been a great optic, and a Bushnell 1-8.5 SMRS. I like the look of the MIL reticle on the Stryker and was thinking of swapping the 1-4 Razor out.

I missed that page

I've never seen the PX4 in the wild. Around here it seems like everyone is running Vortex, Leupold, or something cheap from China.

The two LPVOs that I am currently running are an old 1-4X Razor, which has been a great optic, and a Bushnell 1-8.5 SMRS. I like the look of the MIL reticle on the Stryker and was thinking of swapping the 1-4 Razor out.
    I have a Delta Stryker 1-6 as well. I like the size and weight. Optically it is nice. Bright image. Maybe a little fuzzy at the very edges. Nothing a person would ever notice while actually using.

The reticle is the thing I like the least. In my opinion the mil dot format is wasted here. Delta needs something like the Leupold CMR2, SIG DWLR6 or SAI CX9001 here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I have a Delta Stryker 1-6 as well. I like the size and weight. Optically it is nice. Bright image. Maybe a little fuzzy at the very edges. Nothing a person would ever notice while actually using.

The reticle is the thing I like the least. In my opinion the mil dot format is wasted here. Delta needs something like the Leupold CMR2, SIG DWLR6 or SAI CX9001 here.

Thanks for the review.

So you don't shoot your AR to 1000 yards like the rest of us?

I have that similar BDC reticle in a Burris XTR II which is currently for sale. They work okay until you start doing some distance shooting. If you have a spotter trying to tell you where your hits and misses are, it's difficult for them to give you an exact measurement, say .5 mils left or 2 MOA right, etc. The spotter can give you some reference, like come up half a target, but it isn't easy.

Also, targets are typically not at set ranges. You could have targetts at 545, 680, and 790.

Maybe we should trade!

Thanks for the review.

So you don't shoot your AR to 1000 yards like the rest of us?

I have that similar BDC reticle in a Burris XTR II which is currently for sale. They work okay until you start doing some distance shooting. If you have a spotter trying to tell you where your hits and misses are, it's difficult for them to give you an exact measurement, say .5 mils left or 2 MOA right, etc. The spotter can give you some reference, like come up half a target, but it isn't easy.

Also, targets are typically not at set ranges. You could have targetts at 545, 680, and 790.

Maybe we should trade!
    If you want a basic mil based reticle then the Stryker will appeal to you.

Here is another C_Does video for the Stryker.

https://youtu.be/rzef6cWBEh0

Watching this reminds me of another complaint I have with the Delta and scopes like it with the threaded receptacle for a throw lever. The lever sits at 9:00 and is easily snagged on gear. I'd prefer to have it more tucked away at about 8:00 or 9:00. Granted this may slow access a bit but I think a more protected location is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    ...prefer to have it more tucked away at about 8:00 or 9:00.
    7:00 or 8:00 is what I meant above.

User Tag List