Page 43 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    So I just picked up this:

http://darnfineshot.com/deopsthd130t.html

Weight is right at 1.12 pounds according to my digital postal scale.

Reticle is an MRAD based crosshair with both tick marks and dots. Sort of reminds me of the Leupold TMR. I think it is pretty similar to the Vortex VMR-2.

Illumination has 11 settings with an off between as is the industry standard. I'd read somewhere that it isn't daylight bright but I don't think that's correct. On full blast I think it is pretty close to the Viper on its highest setting. It should be daylight usable under all but the most extreme lighting conditions.

Built-in throw lever.

It seems to be a true 1x and has just a slight warping or fish eye on the low setting that goes away at 2x.

Made in Japan.

Overall seems like a solid option in its price class. Lighter and cheaper than many other scopes. It should be popular.

Sorry for the blurry reticle pic. If I can get one that's better I'll post it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    This is what I'd get if I was in the market now, but probably not buying new rifles or rifle optics for a while.

Another Stryker review:

https://youtu.be/lt7ut0HEkgU

Another Stryker review:

https://youtu.be/lt7ut0HEkgU

I don't know why I'm watching a review of an optic I already own. I think partly to see if he comes to the same conclusions I did as it will make me trust his opinions on other optics more.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I don't know why I'm watching a review of an optic I already own. I think partly to see if he comes to the same conclusions I did as it will make me trust his opinions on other optics more.
    I don't disagree with him regarding the reticle although I haven't done anything yet with the scope.

I don't disagree with him regarding the reticle although I haven't done anything yet with the scope.

I did some shooting with mine and I don't mind the extra lines. I am able to ignore them unless I need them but if you want something simplier they make the DGMR reticle though it is back ordered right now so there will be a wait for it. That said I fully agree with his assessment, it's 90-95% of the Razor Gen 2 at Viper PST prices and 4-5 oz lighter. That said I have no gun I want to put mine on (unless I want to replace my NX8 with it) so I'm just going to hold onto it until I do I guess.

Name:  factsheet-stryker-hd-1-6x24-en1024-4.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  31.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I did some shooting with mine and I don't mind the extra lines. I am able to ignore them unless I need them but if you want something simplier they make the DGMR reticle though it is back ordered right now so there will be a wait for it.
    I am not looking for "simpler." I want "useful."

Something along the lines of the SIG DWLR, Leupold CMR2 or CMRW, SAI CX9001 or even the Steiner P3TR reticle would be nice. Something with some quick range estimation information and some quick reference marks for holdover to about 600 yards on a USPSA or torso-sized target.

Don't take it the wrong way, Mrozo, as I know how fond you are of this scope. I have similar complaints about the VMR-2 reticle Vortex uses. Vortex should look at putting some kind of modified EBR reticle in the LPVO Viper and Razor.
    Last edited by Tokarev; 06-20-2021 at 04:01 PM.

I am not looking for "simpler." I want "useful."

Something along the lines of the SIG DWLR, Leupold CMR2 or CMRW, SAI CX9001 or even the Steiner P3TR reticle would be nice. Something with some quick range estimation information and some quick reference marks for holdover to about 600 yards on a USPSA or torso-sized target.

Don't take it the wrong way, Mrozo, as I know how fond you are of this scope. I have similar complaints about the VMR-2 reticle Vortex uses. Vortex should look at putting some kind of modified EBR reticle in the LPVO Viper and Razor.
    I agree, something similar to their 1-10 MRAD reticle in the 1-6 MRAD could be awesome.

How about U.S Optics? I’m looking at TS-6X-SFP US OPTICS 1-6X24MM SFP W/ ILLUMINATED 2 MOA RED DOT CROSSHAIR. I like a #4 type reticle and this checks most all of MY boxes for what I use a 16” carbine if it’s a decent optic.

US Optics has at least part of their line made in China. I would be very careful.

Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    US Optics has at least part of their line made in China. I would be very careful.
    Apparently the “TS” scopes are “manufactured overseas” (China) and then inspected by U.S. Optics. I also can’t find any reviews that don’t smell fishy.

Going to take a pass for now.

User Tag List