Page 42 of 117 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    3/5 of the requirements met by the PST Gen II or the P4xi.
    former is way too heavy (debated about putting weight #1), but latter is where my head's been at.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    former is way too heavy (debated about putting weight #1), but latter is where my head's been at.
    The SAI 6 also meets some of your specs. Weight is good. Price is over but maybe that's $1,199 Canadian? Don't know about daylight bright. And mag tops out at 6 power.

https://armament.com/sai-optics-model-sai-6/

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    Don't know how much time you have on the NX8 but from what I've heard the exit pupil is relatively unforgiving on 1x compared to other 1-8x scopes. NF says 7.9mm on 1x, PA platinum and the NF ATACR are around 11mm IIRC. I don't think Vortex publishes a number for the 1-10 but from what I've heard it's comparable to the ATACR.

Couple guys I know got NX8s and were not impressed with that and the optical quality for the price (highly subjective, to be fair). One of them also had to back out the diopter adjustment significantly and it kept moving on him. Really ends up depending a lot on how much you value the 1x performance VS the weight. One guy joked that NF made a light/small scope and forgot to make it usable.
    It is pretty hard to get a feel for all this stuff without being able to buy it and use it for awhile. I do have some time on the NX8 but it has all been looking through them mounted on someone else's rifle or looking across the parking lot from the door of the gun shop.

Pretty much my experience with the Razor III at this point, too.

If I were to maximize weight and size on my list of priorities I'd probably go with the capped turrets version of the NX8.

If size and weight was a secondary concern over magnification the Razor wins. Plus I think I prefer the Razor reticle to the NF. The translucent feature is pretty neat.

The NX8 is slightly less expensive. Or maybe the correct thing is it has been on the market longer so is easier to find on sale. This probably also means the NX8 won't have as good a resale value?

Kind of a wash overall but the NF is probably the better "all around" LVPO.

I guess I need to buy one of each and run them side by side for awhile....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Has this been posted yet? If not, it is worth a look. If so, it is worth a 2nd look.

https://youtu.be/UXDZBnKs9sQ

Another video. This from some guy we've never heard of.

https://youtu.be/hVTU3d6eYPU

So I just picked up this:

http://darnfineshot.com/deopsthd130t.html

Weight is right at 1.12 pounds according to my digital postal scale.

Reticle is an MRAD based crosshair with both tick marks and dots. Sort of reminds me of the Leupold TMR. I think it is pretty similar to the Vortex VMR-2.

Illumination has 11 settings with an off between as is the industry standard. I'd read somewhere that it isn't daylight bright but I don't think that's correct. On full blast I think it is pretty close to the Viper on its highest setting. It should be daylight usable under all but the most extreme lighting conditions.

Built-in throw lever.

It seems to be a true 1x and has just a slight warping or fish eye on the low setting that goes away at 2x.

Made in Japan.

Overall seems like a solid option in its price class. Lighter and cheaper than many other scopes. It should be popular.

Sorry for the blurry reticle pic. If I can get one that's better I'll post it.

Strelok app photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Strelok app photo.

So you found the reticle in the app finally.

Dark Lord of Optics discusses some different LVPOs to include having his Vortex Razor III's parallax reset from the factory default 150 to 300 yards.

Parallax stuff takes place at about 24 minutes in...

And Garand Thumb is out with a new video on the SIG Tango 6:

User Tag List