Page 3 of 117 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Yesterday, I was with my brother, running rifles. I've got exps3-0 and a G33 on unity mounts. He's trying out a gen2 Huey with an aimpoint magnifier on a Larue FTS. The overall footprint of the Unity FTC is so good in comparison. And the view from behind the rifle is clean and uncluttered. I don't think I'd like to run a magnifier in any other mount except the Unity

Thanks @joshs and @Nephrology

Another question for anyone. What’s the hotness for a mount on an AR-15? Don’t care about QD, light weight would be a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post

Another question for anyone. What’s the hotness for a mount on an AR-15? Don’t care about QD, light weight would be a plus.
    Scalarworks, Geissele/Reptilia, Spuhr, Badger Ordnance, and Unity Tactical are what come to mind for the current Gucci shit.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 02-18-2021 at 06:00 PM.

I am a huge fan of Scalarworks mounts. Definitely the hotness

https://scalarworks.com

I like the Badger C1 1.7” mounts, but you can’t go wrong with Scalarworks either.

I'm such a Fudd.

I'm now running a 3-9x40mm Trijicon with a set of MI offset folding irons and calling it good. The scope is bright and clear, and perhaps a RMR in an Arisaka offset mount is in my future. At 17 ounces and under $700 for the scope, I'm happy.

OP, I spent years with a Steiner 1-4 and thought it was good glass. I found that it was not that much “slower” for target acquisition. Ultimately I went back to red dot as I simply did not “use” the scope to it’s capability. It’s all about the mission, as John Lovell says.....we will be in or around structures or vehicles. Good luck with thesis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

For less Gucci purposes, I have been happy with the Warne XSKEL mounts. I don't know how good their QD models are, but their fixed mounts are quite nice for the money.

Any advice on the best magnifier to use with an Aimpoint T2? I've been thinking about getting into LPVOs but the time for training is daunting.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Any advice on the best magnifier to use with an Aimpoint T2? I've been thinking about getting into LPVOs but the time for training is daunting.
    The Eotech G33 magnifier is much better glass and cheaper than the Aimpoint magnifier.

Vortex is another option, Defoor likes his, but I have no time on one.

User Tag List