Page 16 of 117 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    Thats a lot less than the S&B Dual.
    About $750 more than the Razor III 1-10 which I imagine is probably its biggest competition. I wonder how well their reticles scale over the 1-10 range.

edit... looks like they actually answer that question for me right on the product page.... it's no donut of death but looks totally usable at 1, 5 and 10x

The Razor 1-10 is FFP-only rather than Dual Focal Plane. I don’t think they are a good comparison. What is interesting is there are scopes being developed to try to cover CQB to long range in a single optic without having to compromise.

The Razor 1-10 is FFP-only rather than Dual Focal Plane. I don’t think they are a good comparison. What is interesting is there are scopes being developed to try to cover CQB to long range in a single optic without having to compromise.
    Fair point. I'm not sure if I am that familiar with those - are you talking about the short dot?

Yes. The Short Dot Dual I referenced earlier and the second March scope that you referenced. Both put the ranging reticle in the FFP and the red dot in the SFP. Both are really new models.

Yes. The Short Dot Dual I referenced earlier and the second March scope that you referenced. Both put the ranging reticle in the FFP and the red dot in the SFP. Both are really new models.
    I didn't know thats how their illumination tech worked.... that's really neat.

BTW, since this is the LPVO thread.... Optika 6 1-6 SFP on sale at Dvor for $439. Really great deal. Get the SFP with a good reticlel ike the KDOT, definitely pass on all of the FFP models.

https://www.dvor.com/meopta-meopro-o...-02-28&options[]=2179-8354-112010&options[]=2179-8506-170126&options[]=2179-8347-106405&options[]=2179-8442-404287&options[]=2179-316-393738

Sort of a LVPO video

There is a lot going on there. But, magnification definitely helped support precision.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I didn't know thats how their illumination tech worked.... that's really neat.
    Thanks for sharing the info on the March scope. I did not know about it.

Until these scopes came out, you had to choose between SFP or FFP. With FFP the reticle changes with magnification. With SFP, ranging reticles were only useful at one magnification. These new dual focal plane optics are interesting.

I found some info on the March scope here:

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...dback.7036748/

This video illustrates how the dual focal plane works.

https://nis.nikonimagespace.com/html...CfCbiA&r=0#i/1

If you watch the cross hairs, they are the same through out the change in magnification. They are SFP. When you see the ranging marks, they grow and shrink because they are in the FFP.

The only LPVO I’ve used that wasn’t a Vortex is the P4Xi but since Steiner raised the price on them, I haven’t seen anything on paper that would make me want to go with any LPVO besides Vortex.

The Viper Gen II is super cheap to competitors in its class and gives solid performance at its price point. The one downside is the weight.

The Razor 1-6 E is a tad bit lighter, more durable, and has better performance if you want something with excellent 1x performance but solid top end magnification and are willing to pay a little more than double the Viper’s price.

The Razor 1-10 is the best all around LPVO on the market right now with 1x that is just barely outperformed by the 1-6, but a much higher top end and a more usable reticle for distance.

The only place Vortex is lacking is a lightweight 1-4 to supplement the Viper and Razor lines for those who want the same performance but would shed some weight for less magnification. I know that’s not a straight trade off, but would love to see it. The P4Xi used to fill that role but after they raised their prices, it’s real hard to justify the extra money for less magnification to save some weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Trijicon Credo HX is still a strong contender in the SFP 1-6 category. Their naming/marketing is a nightmare but they offer:

- Red or green fiber illuminated center dot(like P4xi or Razor)
    - Made in Japan
    - .223 or .308 BDC
    - <20oz
    - <$800 street price

User Tag List