Page 78 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Has anyone tried pairing a compact prism 1x illuminated optic with a similarly compact magnifier? How did it work?

I'm thinking of something like a PA ACSS 1x with a Sig Micro3 might be nice for a lightweight 14.5" 5.56 that I need to go ahead and get built.
    There is some discussion of the topic in this thread.
    If I recall properly, a couple of folks have tried it and made it work well for them.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’ve hit E types at 900 with a 4x ACOG. You can hit things at 700-1,000 yards with irons too.

One thing higher magnification does that 1x or irons can’t it target identification. 6x gets me reasonable PID out to 300 which is a realistic GP carbine distance. Target ID is a GP carbine requirement for me. If that’s not a requirement for your uses rock on.
    Target identification is key but also spotting your misses. The little bullets don't make much of a splash in the dirt.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Target identification is key but also spotting your misses. The little bullets don't make much of a splash in the dirt.
    100% this. If you are on an actual UKD range you'll need to spot your misses. Past ~450 your range estimation(or lack of) can really screw you. Wind calls as well. If you can't see splash around the target you can't make corrections.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    True.

Haven’t seen much discussion on them here but I have a Primary Arms PLx Compact 1-8 that should be delivered by Friday. I wanted to get a second Razor 1-10 so my 12.5 and 14.5 LPVO guns would have the same optic but due mostly to availability and curiosity, I figured I’d try this one out. I’m curious to see how much the weak brightness bothers me and will post some brief thoughts here when I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Haven’t seen much discussion on them here but I have a Primary Arms PLx Compact 1-8 that should be delivered by Friday. I wanted to get a second Razor 1-10 so my 12.5 and 14.5 LPVO guns would have the same optic but due mostly to availability and curiosity, I figured I’d try this one out. I’m curious to see how much the weak brightness bothers me and will post some brief thoughts here when I can.

I look forward to your thoughts on it. I have the predecessor and it's a nice, but heavy, scope.

Initial impressions are good. Nothing wow worthy but the only other LPVO I’ve used in over a year is the razor 1-10. The weight is definitely better but my 1-10 is on a much more established rifle with light, offset RDS, plus two inches of barrel and rail length. It’s definitely not daylight bright. Someone else called it daylight red which I think is very accurate. I’d guess that it’s bright enough for most people but I like my optics so bright that I’d kill Aimpoint batteries in about a year.

I’m probably going to try really hard to give it a thorough run but I’ve already been tempted to sell/return it and just get another Razor which is what I heavily weighed it against.

SupersetCA "best of 2022" video

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

For 0 to 400 yds I still like my 14.5" inch barreled upper with the Kahles 1-6X with the G4B reticle. I recently added an ACRO P2 at 12 o'clock, and in it's role it works just fine *for me*.

https://www.westernshooter.com/2014/...24-sm1-review/

14.5", 12.5", 11.5" uppers

Last edited by Biggy; 09-22-2022 at 01:21 PM.

P4Xi 1-4x24 reduced to $599.99 (have to add-to-cart for sale price)...

https://cameralandny.com/shop?query=p4xi

I have one and like it well enough, but I bought before the price-hike that happened several years ago. Cheapest I've seen these in quite a while.

-Rainman

User Tag List