Page 73 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m beginning to think a RDS plus a 3x magnifier has taken this place.
    I made a brief foray into the LPVO world with a Vortex 1-6, and reverted back to a RDS and a magnifier. Weight, simplicity, versatility, and my needs/AO don't require the LPVO.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm passively familiar with all of those, and. none of them really get to where I'd like them to be, but admittedly I haven't pursued it in great detail either.

and I don't do used anymore. Not worth the headaches.

what I *want* is further development in the lower-power variable market and I would think that could be table scraps from the MOAR race. I'm not terribly interested in a $800, 1lbs, 10in optic that's yesterday's tech.
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/opmod-s...flescopes.html
    I agree. I'd love to see Nightforce take their NX8 and make it a 1-6 with a usable SFP reticle with a better eye box.

After trying everything under the sun I'm pretty happy with my T2 + Magnifier in Unity mounts. I still have one rifle with an LPVO, and its a Razor Gen 2. I had a Gen 3, but just swapped it because I don't really care for FFP in that context and I really don't need anything above 6x for my use. I also don't want a super cluttered reticle for general 5.56 use.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I made a brief foray into the LPVO world with a Vortex 1-6, and reverted back to a RDS and a magnifier. Weight, simplicity, versatility, and my needs/AO don't require the LPVO.
    Right there w/ ya Colt's dad, removed a 1-6 Razor E last week & a T2's in it's place w/ a 1-5 mag. from Eo or Vortex being addded @ end of yr. sale time.

Maybe the disgruntled among us need a thread on dot/magnifier combos

I know that these days there is a lot of mix & match with folks pairing eotech magnifiers with holosun dots, vortex magnifiers with Aimpoint dots, and everything in between.

Do we already have such a thread?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I know that these days there is a lot of mix & match with folks pairing eotech magnifiers with holosun dots, vortex magnifiers with Aimpoint dots, and everything in between.

I started one wither last year or the year before and it didn’t get much traction. I’ll see if I can find it and bump it up.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I started one wither last year or the year before and it didn’t get much traction. I’ll see if I can find it and bump it up.
    just so everyone can hop over there and join that discussion.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....se-with-an-RDS
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I'm passively familiar with all of those, and. none of them really get to where I'd like them to be, but admittedly I haven't pursued it in great detail either.

and I don't do used anymore. Not worth the headaches.

what I *want* is further development in the lower-power variable market and I would think that could be table scraps from the MOAR race. I'm not terribly interested in a $800, 1lbs, 10in optic that's yesterday's tech.
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/opmod-s...flescopes.html
    If you are comparing the P4Xi to the magnifier/RDS combo, that isn't really fair. Sure it is bigger and weighs more, but you get more magnification, a usable reticle if you shoot beyond 100 yards, dialing for distance capability, and a variable zoom.

Yes, there is newer tech, but by the time you purchase an RDS and a magnifier, cost is about the same.

Don't take this as me being against an RDS, as I have a couple. Just don't try and compare them in the same sentence. They each have their own application. If you only need 2 or 3X and enough reticle to keep the backyard safe, then it sounds like you are set.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I don't know if they still count as "L"PVOs but looking at 2-10,2-12,3-xyz,etc. Finding one with a tree reticle (mils) and capped adjustments is proving more difficult than I would have expected.

The Trijicon creedo 2-10x is close, but adjustable elevation w/ no locking option. Leupold has some with locking exposed elevation but no good recticle options (or vice versa). Ditto Nightforce, closest is the 2.5-20 NX8 with a workable reticle but no locking option for the exposed elevation adjuster.

Seems bizarre that this would be a unicorn, but I'm not seeing any decent optic that checks those boxes. Any I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I don't know if they still count as "L"PVOs but looking at 2-10,2-12,3-xyz,etc. Finding one with a tree reticle (mils) and capped adjustments is proving more difficult than I would have expected.

The Trijicon creedo 2-10x is close, but adjustable elevation w/ no locking option. Leupold has some with locking exposed elevation but no good recticle options (or vice versa). Ditto Nightforce, closest is the 2.5-20 NX8 with a workable reticle but no locking option for the exposed elevation adjuster.

Seems bizarre that this would be a unicorn, but I'm not seeing any decent optic that checks those boxes. Any I'm missing?
    I’m new to long guns and LVPOs but bought a NF1-8 on recommendation of my military buddy.

It’s awesome and like an easy button for triggering to vision.

For the NF, I’m wondering if you could get away with it for your purposes with a smooth cap that doesn’t have grip to turn it? Or something similarly creative to prevent inadvertent movement. Even a strap or cover system.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post

I assume you want higher magnification than the Razor 1-10 offers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List