Page 24 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Arisaka is great, but by the time you buy the Streamlight and the adapter you should have just bought a Surefire, REIN, or Modlite to begin with.

The light + adapter + tailcap + wire from the switch looks like it’s 11 inches long. If you are concerned about the weight and footprint of your LPVO that should concern you too since it takes up real estate you may need for your hands.

Slightly more on topic.... I’ve decided to change my Unity Tactical FAST Aimpoint + Magnifier setup for a Kahles K16i. I acquired two new guns that will be in home defense roles with dots only (10.3” ar15 and 1301 tactical) so that rifle will no longer be used for that purpose. As such, I’m using it more as a general purpose gun and would like to have more of a balance between close/far performance instead of prioritizing closer engagements.
    Yes, unless you or your agency already have streamlights, or only streamlights are authorized. It’s good to have options.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yes, unless you or your agency already have streamlights, or only streamlights are authorized. It’s good to have options.
    Surefire and Streamlight are both authorized.

Streamlight does not make a DS tail cap so the adapter is needed if a pressure pad and constant on are wanted in a tail cap. And while Streamlight's pressure switch has a button for constant on it is longer than the Surefire pad and takes up more rail space. As a result some agents have complained that the Streamlight pressure pad is easier to ND with.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Arisaka is great, but by the time you buy the Streamlight and the adapter you should have just bought a Surefire, REIN, or Modlite to begin with.

Slightly more on I’ve decided to change my Unity Tactical FAST Aimpoint + Magnifier setup for a Kahles K16i.
    So the dude who buys a Kahles optic is going to comment on the price of a flashlight? [emoji38]

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Surefire and Streamlight are both authorized.

Streamlight does not make a DS tail cap so the adapter is needed if a pressure pad and constant on are wanted in a tail cap. And while Streamlight's pressure switch has a button for constant on it is longer than the Surefire pad and takes up more rail space. As a result some agents have complained that the Streamlight pressure pad is easier to ND with.

Streamlight’s tape switches are not their strong suite.

Streamlight’s tape switches are not their strong suite.
    Another thing with the Streamlight (although I haven't seen it personally) is that the light can flicker or wink on and off while in sure. The Surefire tail cap and spring seems to be the cure for those that have complained about this as well.

So the dude who buys a Kahles optic is going to comment on the price of a flashlight? [emoji38]

It isn’t so much the price, but the value. Having to buy the adapter to use the Streamlight with the same switch options closes the price gap between buying a better light to begin with. It just results in a situation where you’ve spent almost the same amount of money and end up with a result that is “JuSt As GoOd”.

I like some of Streamlights products, like the TLR7A, but I’ve personally had one of their rifle lights fail and seem way too many others reports of it to trust it for serious use.

When it comes to rifles I’m closer to a gear collector than a hard use individual, so it failed under pretty tame circumstances. I’m told the switch is the weak link so using the adapter may have solved the problem, but I haven’t ever had an issue with my Surefires or Modlites. I wish I had just spent more and got one of those the first time, it would have cost me less in the long run.

If Streamlight is your only option due to departmental reasons, you obviously have to make the best of what you have and the adapter to use better pressure switches makes sense in that situation.

Streamlight light. Arisaka light mount and Streamlight to Surefire tail cap adapter. Cloud Defense switch mount.
    Who makes the SF to stream light adapter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Yep. That's another great product from Will at Arisaka.

The light + adapter + tailcap + wire from the switch looks like it’s 11 inches long. If you are concerned about the weight and footprint of your LPVO that should concern you too since it takes up real estate you may need for your hands.
    Sorry to continue the hijack but this is exactly my initial thought as well. Wholly shit that’s a lot of fiddlefucking parts and pieces.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Sorry to continue the hijack but this is exactly my initial thought as well. Wholly shit that’s a lot of fiddlefucking parts and pieces.
    It is just an adapter with internal threads on one side and external threads on the other. Pretty simple, really.

I didn’t know we had Steiner LPVO in our inventory? Nice! A buddy got hooked up with a NF 1-8 a bit ago and he’s over the moon with it...I finally retired my H-1 and got a T-2 to replace it, super clean dot with my 3x.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    I didn’t know we had Steiner LPVO in our inventory? Nice! A buddy got hooked up with a NF 1-8 a bit ago and he’s over the moon with it...I finally retired my H-1 and got a T-2 to replace it, super clean dot with my 3x.
    Yep. Just got them in. LESC has given me approval via email and they will be listed in the next AEL.

Once FACTS investory is over I'll push them out to the stations.

User Tag List