Page 52 of 117 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    We have a ton of new display Vortex Razor Gen III MRAD's in stock and have a perfect display model at a discount https://www.cstactical.com/vortex-ra...ii-1-10x24-ffp

What I have found between the Gen II and Gen III Razor is that it's negligible at 1x but making sure that you had the diopter set correctly is the key to having a great or terrible 1x experience.
    I see so many people just pick scopes up and look thru it without adjusting it to their eye and make a determination on the spot until you assist them.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The original US Optics scopes were great optics whose main downside was excessive weight.

Their new "budget" line is ... to be polite....disappointing.

I would choose the Vortex PST II 1-6, the new Delta 1-6 and the original style Steiner 1-4 over the USO.

If you want consistency, the Primary arms 1-6 with chevron is surprisingly good for the money.
    Nah man, the original USO scores were trash too. I had to send 2 back for serious tracking problems. The newer ones being produced are literally 100% chinese. While China makes a decent RDS nowadays their magnified optics are still garbage tier. You may as well buy a Barska or NC Star for the quality you are getting from a modern USO.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    Nah man, the original USO scores were trash too. I had to send 2 back for serious tracking problems. The newer ones being produced are literally 100% chinese. While China makes a decent RDS nowadays their magnified optics are still garbage tier. You may as well buy a Barska or NC Star for the quality you are getting from a modern USO.
    I agree with your take on USO’s current made in China line. And yes I do know how to adjust a diopter.

Made in China is not an automatic fail either. The PA scopes are made in China too but the key is some companies are both willing to pay their Chinese suppliers for better quality and willing and able to hold them to the specified quality.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    I agree with your take on USO’s current made in China line. And yes I do know how to adjust a diopter.

Made in China is not an automatic fail either. The PA scopes are made in China too but the key is some companies are both willing to pay their Chinese suppliers for better quality and willing and able to hold them to the specified quality.
    I didn't quote you regarding the diopter, I was referring to our experiences at 1x between the Razor Gen II and Gen III.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

The higher ended PA stuff is made in Japan.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    The higher ended PA stuff is made in Japan.
    Yes, their platinum series is but that is not what I’m referring to. They are platinum line is priced like other Japanese made scopes with glass from light optic works.

I’m talking about the standard third generation PA scopes in the $300-$400 price range.

PAs Chinese made LPVOs are noticeably better than most other Chinese made LPVO’s.

Yes, their platinum series is but that is not what I’m referring to. They are platinum line is priced like other Japanese made scopes with glass from light optic works.

I’m talking about the standard third generation PA scopes in the $300-$400 price range.

PAs Chinese made LPVOs are noticeably better than most other Chinese made LPVO’s.
    @HCM - Your comment had me going and looking at their line. Which of the chevron styles were you referring to? This one?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    @HCM - Your comment had me going and looking at their line. Which of the chevron styles were you referring to? This one?
    Yes, it's as close as you can get to an Accupoint triangle or an ACOG Chevron in a decent budget optic.

Yes, it's as close as you can get to an Accupoint triangle or an ACOG Chevron in a decent budget optic.
    Cool- thanks for the tip! I'm still undecided between RDS, low power prism scope, or LPVO, and while I dither, my eyes are not getting younger. 8^)
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

If one was going to use a Geisselle Super Precision mount for the above Primary Arms scope, would the Standard (rather than extended) mount be a good choice to an AR-15 without BUIS?

User Tag List