Page 29 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: LPVOs in 2023 and beyond

I don't own one of these $5k scopes and am not likely to. So I don't want to get into a fruitless debate about it. I am impressed by the design, from what little I can discern from an internet review. In particular, putting the dot on the SFP, while keeping the reticle on the FFP, is a great idea.

However, for a carbine optic, I prefer a heavier reticle than I use on my precision rifles. There is not enough "range" to worry about obscuring stuff with typical carbine targets.

I like the Vortex 1-10 reticle a lot, from what I can see in the pictures.

I am not aware of parallax issues with S&B scopes. My PM2 does not have that problem. Do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by KEW8338 View Post
    On that one you linked:

Looks like you only have usable mils/windage down to 6 mils

There is no semi circle or horshoe around center dot

Those lines/dots do not look very precise and would obscure stuff at range

Ranging brackets built in at the bottom of the reticle, which to me, is not preferred and leads to wearing out your eye balls

The H27D (Mk8), ATACR 1-8 and Vortex 1-10 all have very similar reticle designs for a reason.

Schmidt has had some parallax issues that usually manifest themselves at longer ranges.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Poking around on various websites such as scopelist, Midway and Euro optic over the weekend. I see the new Mark 3HD series is starting to ship. Scope List had the 4-12 illuminated reticle earlier but now they are out of stock. No one appears to the the illuminated 1.5-4 scopes yet but they do have the non-illuminated version.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

I like the Vortex 1-10 reticle a lot, from what I can see in the pictures.
    If you have used a Nightforce NX8 1-8 and you like that you will like the Vortex 1-10. It's almost exactly the same except the dot and segmented circle are a bit more translucent. I tried one but stuck with the NX8 because it's lighter and shorter than the Vortex and I don't need that extra 2x in the 8-10x range.

I ordered a Delta Stryker 1-6x this weekend. Decided to give it a try based off some of the things people at Sniper Hide and AR15.com were saying about it. It's being compared favorably to the Steiner 1-4x quality glass and brightness only it's a 1-6x so with the recent price increase in the Steiner I thought I'd try the Stryker.
    Last edited by mrozowjj; 04-26-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Here's a bit of dated into on the Vortex Viper 1-6

https://defensereview.com/tactical-a...rossover-part/

Apologies if it has already been linked.

A bit over a year ago but still pertinent:

https://youtu.be/K_Pu7TrOfrQ

Someone wrote a love letter to the Elcan SpecterDR: https://www.breachbangclear.com/elca...erdr-analysis/

I'm personally not convinced of the viability of the SpecterDR still, simply due to the preexisting concerns about durability and reliability. Still too many negative stories about them from reliable sources. That being said, I have agreed with the theory behind Woods' article for the most part, though I'm also just a random civilian, so my concurrence doesn't really mean shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Someone wrote a love letter to the Elcan SpecterDR: https://www.breachbangclear.com/elca...erdr-analysis/

I'm personally not convinced of the viability of the SpecterDR still, simply due to the preexisting concerns about durability and reliability. Still too many negative stories about them from reliable sources. That being said, I have agreed with the theory behind Woods' article for the most part, though I'm also just a random civilian, so my concurrence doesn't really mean shit.
    I have used mine quite hard, including falling on rocks on the optic. As I said earlier, if I had to get rid of all of my optics and keep just one, it would be my Elcan Specter DR.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I think I remember seeing that they went through an update at one point. Earlier versions couldn't maintain zero while switching between 1x and 4x so maybe some durability concerns were addressed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I think I remember seeing that they went through an update at one point. Earlier versions couldn't maintain zero while switching between 1x and 4x so maybe some durability concerns were addressed as well.

Seeking more data. Tagged for interest.

User Tag List